Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied with excellent credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied with excellent credit

@joltdude wrote:

I'd consider secured cards, id consider maxxing out your allowed savings, and id consider a share loan... Dont quote me on this but you can have up to 2k in assets... and that might put you over the min threshold...  But as others suggested id hold out a bit on cards...  and someone beat me to the punch on bringing @AverageJoesCredit and @Anonymous into the thread.....

Good luck. and id also look into the rebuilder forums... and as someone suggested pay BEFORE statement.. but leave one to pay after..

-J

2k is the correct amount for Medicaid LTSS, and SSI. Other safety net programs may be more generous.

However, CC companies don't seem to care about savings at all. That's actually why I went to my CU (their card wasn't as interesting), because I figured they would know about all my savings, and be nicer to ELI folk. Didn't make a difference.

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone has been so helpful and friendly. Thank you!!

Message 42 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

You asked about general spend cards above 1.5%. Citi DC, Synch Paypal, and the new Synchrony 2% card.

Synch is also rather generous. Maybe try them with their new card after you wait 6-12 months due to all the inquiries.
Message 43 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I just thought of something to add. You could try the apple card and see if they will give it to you based on an SP, if they pre-approve you, then you potentially take the HP, if you accept the offer for the card.

Also, you can try BBT or Regions, if you are in their footprint, they pre-approve with an SP as well...and approve with SP, usually.

Can't hurt to shoot an SP, and even if they aren't the ideal card for you, it will thicken your file, so other lenders won't see you as so risky. Then with a little payment history on several CCs, you'll be in a better position to get other cards from other lenders.
Message 44 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi OP,

Sorry about the trouble you've had so far. I wanted to offer another opinion for you to consider. I saw another poster recommending applying to the Capital One Platinum and product changing to the Quicksilver. This is a good strategy for you in my opinion. Capital One is *usually* pretty friendly to low-income and average/rebuilding credit. I know you have a good credit scores, but the "thin-file" may push you to the average credit profile.

Usually after several months to a year, you can product change to the Quicksilver or Quicksilver One (Quicksilver is the preferred option is it is an option.) I think that wiating a few months to let some inquiries fall off your report is a good idea. Capital One is very cautious of a lot of recent inquires, as it shows credit hunger (which they can view as a credit risk.) I think this may be a good approach to get a card you want with a little work in about a year.

Good luck!

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.