Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 2nd ( second) card app thread

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Congrats CapCredit72Smiley Happy if you can please add info on your 1st It like when opened, current limit , etc so that when people check here they can see the difference between the 2 cards. Thanks great job again buddySmiley Happy

Almost forgot to add that thanks! AJC yeah I'd probably have to sink my score to get a better CL which I'm not going to do. Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 431
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

1st Discover It - opened Dec. 15, 2013 as a student card with 500 SL. 24% APR WOTH 12 month 0% APR promo. Cash back match was not a thing then I don’t think. Either way, I was not given that. Pulled TU with a 712 at the time, but limited history.

2nd card - February 2018. I applied because I have never received an increase on my 1st card. I was approved using the tool for Discover IT and IT chrome. Approved for 3500 starting limit, 24% APR, 0% 12 month promo, and cashback match. Pulled EQ with a 685 I believe.

Message 12 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd card will be here next week just got off the phone. Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 431
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Im actually tempted to two-time Miss Disco later this year.. Sort of want to abuse a Miles card for the double cashback =)

Think it might prove interesting esp for datapoints.... Though i think if im approved its going to be a low CL since I have such a high CL on the IT...

-J

Message 14 of 431
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Look forward to it Jolt, dont be shocked when they give you 3x Joltdude SpecialSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow, my memory doesn't go back that long. I've entered what I *do* remember.

1st Discover Card was a "More" card back in 2010. I remember it well because they had called me while I was waiting in my car for something. (Looking back I don't know what I was thinking giving my info on an outbound call...) I was approved for $1500 and I was stuck there until 2016. I also didn't know anything about CLIs so I figured it was on the creditor to raise your limit if they so chose to do so.  I started getting CLIs and now it's at 11K. No ideas what my scores were. This was at the beginning of my journey where I didn't check that.

2nd Discover Card IT

10/2017. Was prequalified. However, I used an Amazon promo to get a $75 statement credit with  my first Amazon purchase on it.  Had to upload my DL and a utility bill and was approved via chat for 5.5K. This was a SP. It's now at 6.5K. Currently enjoying double cash back in my first year. I'm hopeful I can get this combined into my first Discover card as I have no use for two. Scores around 720 at the time.

Message 16 of 431
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

1/2015:  Disco It - 6.5k sl @ 765,  now 12.5k

6/2016   It Miles - 6k sl @ 758,  now 7k

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 17 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

3/2018 Discover IT 2nd Card SL 1k @ 748 EQ Update! with 1st Card when I look up that info soon AJC.
Message 18 of 431
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Kingy, and congrats on second cardSmiley Happy. Never know could become a monsterSmiley Happy
Message 19 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Thanks Kingy, and congrats on second cardSmiley Happy. Never know could become a monsterSmiley Happy

Sir, Anything is possible.

Message 20 of 431
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.