Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

tag
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover 2nd ( second) card app thread

Janus, no offense, for such a "quaint little card" many of us are happy with. So I must ask if u have nothing to offer except criticism, why bother?
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 41 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! it was linked to my account right away just had to verify that I infact had the card in hand... Good question btw @rprisco. Smiley Wink

Message 42 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rprisco wrote:
Curious, anyone know if the 2nd card will show in the App under same user info?
Also another DP, b4 apping for 2nd card, Disco constantly offered 12mo BT 0% through the app. I looked today for giggles on the 1st card, No BT offers available. Coincidence?
one more question, when can I close one of the accounts and combine limits?

Since I'm planning to combine my older card into my newer one in the future, I looked into that question last month. IIRC, these are the requirements:

- The card you're combining/closing needs to have a zero balance/be paid off.

- Both cards need to be at least 1 year old (so I have to wait until next March for combination).

- There needs to be a CLI available on the card you want to keep. What you do is, when you go to combine, check to see if there's a CLI available on that card, but don't accept it if you get an offer; instead, call Discover and request the combination, letting them know there's an available CLI. I think you'll also be given the CLI when the cards are combined.

Message 43 of 431
rprisco
Regular Contributor

@capcredit72, just checked app and was not there, I checked for app update from Google play, had to update the app and the new account is there waiting to be activated when it comes. Thank for the info.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 44 of 431
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just a reminder guys, lets try and keep this thread on track for those of us who have or want a second Disco card whether it be through closing 1st, or not happy with 1st or maybe eventually looking to combine or get more offers etc.

I have no issue debating Discover 's worthiness or merits, lol, ive had my share of personal opinions, but lets leave that for other threads or if you like create a new one. Id like to keep this thread as close to data points as we can . Thanks and thanks everyone for your input so farSmiley Happy AJC
Message 45 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Just a reminder guys, lets try and keep this thread on track for those of us who have or want a second Disco card whether it be through closing 1st, or not happy with 1st or maybe eventually looking to combine or get more offers etc.

I have no issue debating Discover 's worthiness or merits, lol, ive had my share of personal opinions, but lets leave that for other threads or if you like create a new one. Id like to keep this thread as close to data points as we can . Thanks and thanks everyone for your input so farSmiley Happy AJC

+1 Agreed! np...

Message 46 of 431
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

excellent thread joe the 2nd discover starts with higher limit most of the time... someone just got the 2nd disco with 12k sl when the1st card is still at 1.5k ...after 15 months...

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 47 of 431
rprisco
Regular Contributor

@joe8185 thank you for the update, so the countdown to 1 year has begun. I suppose since I have to wait, it makes more sense for me to combine limits to the oldest card and close the new one next year.

Anyone have any DP about the following:
Suppose, I close my 1 year disco and forget about the 3100cl. When could I apply for another? Will I have to wait another year anyway since I have the new diso just days old? Just curious.

Btw, excellent thread.
Message 48 of 431
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@rprisco wrote:
Curious, anyone know if the 2nd card will show in the App under same user info?
Also another DP, b4 apping for 2nd card, Disco constantly offered 12mo BT 0% through the app. I looked today for giggles on the 1st card, No BT offers available. Coincidence?
one more question, when can I close one of the accounts and combine limits?

Since I'm planning to combine my older card into my newer one in the future, I looked into that question last month. IIRC, these are the requirements:

- The card you're combining/closing needs to have a zero balance/be paid off.

- Both cards need to be at least 1 year old (so I have to wait until next March for combination).

- There needs to be a CLI available on the card you want to keep. What you do is, when you go to combine, check to see if there's a CLI available on that card, but don't accept it if you get an offer; instead, call Discover and request the combination, letting them know there's an available CLI. I think you'll also be given the CLI when the cards are combined.

Thanks for the data. I'll hit 1 year in June and decide whether I want to get number 2. My CL is $7500 right now and haven't had any luck lately. I'd like it to be at least $10k to match a few of my others but I'm thinking it might be worth app'ing for a 2nd card and then combining after a year. I like this card and I like the UI on the Disco app and online.

Robot Very Happy

Message 49 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey guys, im not sure if this thread will stick but i figured id give it a try to create a thread only related for those looking to app a second Discover card, most likely the It card but since their selection isnt that big other cards could be included.

Though their is another Discover unofficial data point thread, i want this one to be more focused for those considering apping a second Discover card so they can see data points from those of us who have experiencd this. Please include , if you remember, your Fico score when applied, and any pertinent info like previous credit limit, any promos offered with app like 0% apr, bt offers etc.

If this doesnt last or gets merged i understand but hopwfully the few of us who have closed our first Discover cards and reapped can shed light to those thinking of doing soSmiley Happy Thanks everyone, ill begin......

Good thread Joe!

Gotta find that pre-qual link now.

Message 50 of 431
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.