Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 2nd ( second) card app thread

I just app'd for a 2nd Discover It card today because I was stuck at $2,000 credit line.

Approved instantly for $15,500 for my second card!

TU 776

Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 431
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just app'd for a 2nd Discover It card today because I was stuck at $2,000 credit line.

TU 776

Smiley Happy

Congratulations, seems crazy they wouldn't give you a CLI with that score. How long have you had your first card?

Robot Very Happy

Message 52 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost 3 years...but I was at an approximate 620 score when I originally got the card...so I don't know if they had me in some kind of other category. 

I'm not sure how it all works. 

Message 53 of 431
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

TU 776

Smiley Happy

Incredible. What is wrong with those people?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 54 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey guys, im not sure if this thread will stick but i figured id give it a try to create a thread only related for those looking to app a second Discover card, most likely the It card but since their selection isnt that big other cards could be included.

Though their is another Discover unofficial data point thread, i want this one to be more focused for those considering apping a second Discover card so they can see data points from those of us who have experiencd this. Please include , if you remember, your Fico score when applied, and any pertinent info like previous credit limit, any promos offered with app like 0% apr, bt offers etc.

If this doesnt last or gets merged i understand but hopwfully the few of us who have closed our first Discover cards and reapped can shed light to those thinking of doing soSmiley Happy Thanks everyone, ill begin......

Been thinking about this since the morning.

Facts: Checking for prequal on the Discover site does not do a HP.

Questions:

1. If you are prequalified, does applying for the second card do a HP? or do they use their internal score and SP?

2. Is there a capping of sorts or an upper limit of total credit limit/exposure at Discover per account or per account holder? For example, like Amex and PenFed.

Message 55 of 431
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey guys, im not sure if this thread will stick but i figured id give it a try to create a thread only related for those looking to app a second Discover card, most likely the It card but since their selection isnt that big other cards could be included.

Though their is another Discover unofficial data point thread, i want this one to be more focused for those considering apping a second Discover card so they can see data points from those of us who have experiencd this. Please include , if you remember, your Fico score when applied, and any pertinent info like previous credit limit, any promos offered with app like 0% apr, bt offers etc.

If this doesnt last or gets merged i understand but hopwfully the few of us who have closed our first Discover cards and reapped can shed light to those thinking of doing soSmiley Happy Thanks everyone, ill begin......

Been thinking about this since the morning.

Facts: Checking for prequal on the Discover site does not do a HP.

Questions:

1. If you are prequalified, does applying for the second card do a HP? or do they use their internal score and SP?

2. Is there a capping of sorts or an upper limit of total credit limit/exposure at Discover per account or per account holder? For example, like Amex and PenFed.

Piro, even though many have reported not recieving a hp after being prequaled,  there are those who have received one so i think a good frame of mind is to EXPECT a hp but be happy , lol, if you dont receive one. Im not sure if i would have prequaled had my Eq not been frozen  so i guess ill never know or perhaps in the future we will seeSmiley Wink

As for caps, im not sure, we have not really seen that mentioned hereas evidence dome have gotten their Disco ovee 50k and climbing. Im sure yoyr income and overall profile will affect how much they lend you. 

Message 56 of 431
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

TU 776

Smiley Happy

Well doneSmiley Happy.  If possible please note any additional info with the 2 accounts like when opened, scores, promos offered, are they both It cards? Thanks. We want people to see  the difference or possible differences in how ones profile looked while getting second accountSmiley Happy

Message 57 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got one card at 6.6k and then 2nd with cash match at 1k which should grow to another 5k... *Cross Fingers & Toes* Smiley LOL

Message 58 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TU 776

Smiley Happy

Wow! Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Message 59 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Both are It cards.

The first one I opened a little under 3 yeas ago...my score then was maybe 620 and thy gave me a SCL of $500. I've gotten 3 $500 CLI's in the past 2 years....the most recent one just being 2 weeks ago bringing me up to a CL on $2000.

I just looked this morning and my TU is 776 EQ is 749...not sure about EX. 

When I called yesterday they gave me a new IT Card with a CL of $15,500....0% for 14 months....double cash back end of first year.

This will be my highest CL on a card now.

I'm happy I called. I was nervous on doing a HP for no reason, but I think it was worth it.

For anyone on the fence about a 2nd it card with good scores and a current card that's stuck at a lower limit...I'd highly suggest apping for a new card!

Hope this helps!

Message 60 of 431
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.