Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI success for anyone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI success for anyone?

It all depends on what you want to do with your cards. The way I use my cards is purely for profit, in both cash back and FICO scores. Depending on what you want them for and how hard they are to get, I say go for it if you get a nice reward!

If you are a member of MyFICO you can see your scores ride like the stock market and sorta pick and choose prime times to apply for credit. I know Experian is great too, I just prefer MyFICO for paid.

Good luck on everything and stay vigilant! :-).
Message 71 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Last week, the weirdest thing happened. My Fako Ck scores jumped up by 18 points bringing my FAKOs to roughly 740. My real FICOs hover around 760.

I'd strongly suggest ignoring those CK scores, since you're probably the only person looking at them (not your lenders or potential lenders).  Definitely don't let those scores impact your decision at all to apply for a product.

Message 72 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I got 4 cli in 6 months all done online 300 a piece plus double dip brought each to 1k
Message 73 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried too early last night after reading about success from others prior to the third statement cut. Denied, likely because of insufficient time with account. Discover it Student rewards opened 6/24/2019 but the second statement already cut and the third is set for 9/6/2019. I got a little too excited reading these forums but I hope it won't affect the 90 day love.

Message 74 of 84
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

disco cli?

I am about ready for my first try for disco cli. 3rd statement cuts in a couple days. EX is 731, EQ 714 but TU is only 620. Im trying to figure out who they use for cli. They originally pulled EX. Does anyone know who they pull for cli?

Message 75 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: disco cli?

I started with a 2000 CL last August, I always hit the button after every 3rd statement sometimes I'm denied. My CL increases went from 2000k to

2700 after 3 statements
4200 after 8 statements
5400 after 11 statements

My scores were around 650 ish to begin with now range from 670 to 713

Good thing with discover CLI are always soft pulls you can try as often as u like.
Message 76 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: disco cli?

@tbea1004 wrote:

Does anyone know who they pull for cli?

They don't pull anything at the time of the CLI request.  What they do is go off of your last TU Fico 8 SP for account maintenance, which of course you can check yourself when logged into your account.  This is why many suggest waiting until after your TU score on your account updates, especially if you know that it's going to be better due to a utilization paydown, for example.

Message 77 of 84
Keatonsdaddy
New Contributor

I got CLI's in 300 dollar increments every 3 or 4 months when I requested. My last one was a 700 dollar auto increase from 3,300 to 4,000. I would say just use it heavily and pay the balance off each month.

CITI DOUBLE CASH || CAPONE QS || DISCOVER IT || AMEX BCP || CHASE FREEDOM UNL || US BANK CASH+ || AMAZON PRIME VISA || TARGET || WALMART || HUNTINGTON VOICE || BANK OF AMERICA || FIRESTONE || BEST BUY || Apple Card
Message 78 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Keatonsdaddy wrote:

I would say just use it heavily and pay the balance off each month.

Many (myself included) have reported better CLI results when using their Discover card less or not at all relative to using it a lot.  My point here is that heavy use is not a requirement for big Discover CLIs.  I say this just so that people don't spend unnecessarily, move spend from other cards to Discover, or do anything else that's not a financially sound move in order to attempt to stimulate a Discover CLI.

Message 79 of 84
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Keatonsdaddy wrote:

I would say just use it heavily and pay the balance off each month.

Many (myself included) have reported better CLI results when using their Discover card less or not at all relative to using it a lot.  My point here is that heavy use is not a requirement for big Discover CLIs.  I say this just so that people don't spend unnecessarily, move spend from other cards to Discover, or do anything else that's not a financially sound move in order to attempt to stimulate a Discover CLI.

I wish I could give your post 5 thumbs-up. I got a $3K CLI earlier this month with no spend in 7-8 months because of a BT and @Remedios just got a $7K CLI with basically no spend—wait for it—in like forever. 🤣😁 Yep, increasing spend on Discover is definitely not a guarantee of a CLI. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 80 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.