cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Discover CLI

After punching the button, they keep saying no. "Status of prior/existing Discover relationships" is their reasoning. Guess they are willing to give me a card but not increase me because I burned them in 2012 for BK7. The current card is 100% positive and no missed payment since opening in July 2019 (might be June) and reporting a $0 balance. 

FICO 8 - 10/2020

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover CLI

the price we pay for burning a lender. My local bank blacklists harder than Amex/Chase combined😒

Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

the price we pay for burning a lender. My local bank blacklists harder than Amex/Chase combined😒

OUCH! That really burns 

FICO 8 - 10/2020

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

After punching the button, they keep saying no. "Status of prior/existing Discover relationships" is their reasoning. Guess they are willing to give me a card but not increase me because I burned them in 2012 for BK7. The current card is 100% positive and no missed payment since opening in July 2019 (might be June) and reporting a $0 balance. 

Wow....hey at least you're able to get a card from discover lol. I had a secured discover 2 years ago that had a couple of return payments due to hardship that I cleared up and still can't get another card even though discover closed it with a zero balance. 

current scores

Gardening since 9/18/20
Cap1 Qs $500
Citi secured-$300
Gettington-$800
cap1 Walmart-$300
NFCU nreward sec-$300
pledge loan NFCU $300.
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Never had a BK. However you have a decent limit for having burned them. Keep your head up. I'm sitting on a 2500 secured card set to graduate next month. We shall see if I'm punished. 

myFICO 8 Scores 10/2020

Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

OUCH! That really burns 

yea, they are the only bank i have not restablished but at least its my favorite BK story when i hark back to those days. Took a $10k loan to consolidate ccs and a month later filed bk🤨 i dont think they liked that. Dont blame them but we all make mistakes. Their cards are blah but it would have been niceSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

OUCH! That really burns 

yea, they are the only bank i have not restablished but at least its my favorite BK story when i hark back to those days. Took a $10k loan to consolidate ccs and a month later filed bk🤨 i dont think they liked that. Dont blame them but we all make mistakes. Their cards are blah but it would have been niceSmiley Wink

Is this our amigo Banco Popular?  I always had mixed feelings about them 🤔

I haven't checked recently, but I recall that they used to offer dual-network CCs (Visa/AX) combos which I found it to be cool, but then when it came to overall rewards, meh 😁.  I still haven't taken the plunge with their Avianca CCs 🤷🏼‍♂️

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

OUCH! That really burns 

Is this our amigo Banco Popular?  I always had mixed feelings about them 🤔

I haven't checked recently, but I recall that they used to offer dual-network CCs (Visa/AX) combos which I found it to be cool, but then when it came to overall rewards, meh 😁.  I still haven't taken the plunge with their Avianca CCs 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hey Finny, yup thats them. They still have the dual combo which looks cool but i know i couldnt get those even if i was on their good list. They recently released a 1.5 cb card, meh but better than their Premia rewards which i used to have years ago. They also have a JetBlue card.  I mainly use them since they are everywhere here . I only wanted one to say i came full circle but i guess a U is good tooSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.