Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Pre-qual site...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it Pre-qual site...

I have a  Pre-qual las year and I was aproved. At the time my score was around 695 and they gave me a line of $7500 worth of credit.

Message 11 of 41
someg33k
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Wish I would of saw this thread before you applied...  I could tell you their pre-qual isn't reliable at all as you can put your dogs name in their with a fake last 4 ssn and get a "match"..  If those are you current scores in your signature that would also be a big issue.  Wish you would of waitied to pull the trigger until others had a moment to chime in Smiley Sad..  Sorry about the denial

BTW discover doesn't recon, but if you want a secured card you might be able to call them to see if they will offer you the secured version of the discover it card.

I am guessing they pulled EQ and best chance are with EQ > 680 or higher.

+1

Wish I had replied too before you applied. You can put total fake name / info in there such as Donald Duck and get that same offer.

They are typically not new account / inquiry friendly.

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ktl72455 wrote:

What we are finding out via trial and error is the pre qual site does work but you have to look for the 3 point spread. 16.24%-19.24% etc.. If you get a wide range dont do it. Example>>

Your Offer

No Annual Fee*
0% Intro Purchase APR* for 12 months and then 11.24% – 23.24% Standard Variable Purchase APR based on your credit worthiness. ( DONT DO IT)

if you get a silver card...dont do it.

The Burgandy and Plum /Purple cards are what we are finding they show with a 3 point gap are approvals.

This is what the PLUM /Purple card looks like.

Discover IT_CHP_PLUM

GOOD INFO ! +1

Message 13 of 41
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

If you put in your info and get a Burgandy or Purple card image and there is a 3 point spread, try the pre qual again and put in fake info, it should show you a card etc with a wide point spread. Others that this has worked for also go mailers that the matched the card color and 3 point spread.  

My UTL is way over 30% over all so I am not applying right now.

If I change one number in the last four of my SS# I get this Card

DISCOVER_IT_CHP.jpg

Your Offer

• No Annual Fee*
  • 0% Intro Purchase APR* for 12 months and then 11.24%23.24% Standard Variable Purchase APR based on your credit worthiness.
  • 0% Intro Balance Transfer APR* for 12 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by May 10, 2016 and then 11.24%23.24%Standard Variable Purchase APR* based on your credit worthiness.
  • 3% fee for each balance transferred .

it would be nice if this thread was kept active so others would be able to add to it and hopefully find some very solid insite into discover.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 14 of 41
cem13
Established Contributor

I used the Pre Qual site and I received the "personal offer" with the silver card and 11-22% range.  I then hit the back button and entered my dog's data with a SSN with a  random number generator.  Guess what?  She was approved too.  I always knew that dog was special.  Hell she even received the exact same offer as me.

I think she would be denied because she has no job and lays around most of the day.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry the approval did not happen. Garden and cultivate your cards - you will be seeing nice plums soon. Good Luck!

Message 16 of 41
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

@cem13 wrote:

I used the Pre Qual site and I received the "personal offer" with the silver card and 11-225 range.  I then hit the back button and entered by dog's data with a SSN witha  random number generator.  Guess what?  She was approved too.  I always knew that dog was special.  Hell she even received the exact same offer as me.

I think she would be denied because she has no job and lays around most of the day.

If they had a offer for you it would have showed you a 3 point spread and a burgandy or purple card. you could then enter in your dogs info anyou would get the silver card and wide range. You would also get invites in the mail with the burgandy or purple card with the same 3 point spread.

From MI.

Myfico 8 scores
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ktl72455 wrote:

If you put in your info and get a Burgandy or Purple card image and there is a 3 point spread, try the pre qual again and put in fake info, it should show you a card etc with a wide point spread. Others that this has worked for also go mailers that the matched the card color and 3 point spread.  

My UTL is way over 30% over all so I am not applying right now.

If I change one number in the last four of my SS# I get this Card

DISCOVER_IT_CHP.jpg

Your Offer

• No Annual Fee*
  • 0% Intro Purchase APR* for 12 months and then 11.24%23.24% Standard Variable Purchase APR based on your credit worthiness.
  • 0% Intro Balance Transfer APR* for 12 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by May 10, 2016 and then 11.24%23.24%Standard Variable Purchase APR* based on your credit worthiness.
  • 3% fee for each balance transferred .

it would be nice if this thread was kept active so others would be able to add to it and hopefully find some very solid insite into discover.

Yeah ktl72455,

That's one of the main reasons I started this thread. The title is set to come up in searches 'cause that's the way I start a search.

The search box is not very intuitive and people use a lot of abbreviations so I wanted it to come up fairly straight forward.                      

Message 18 of 41
NattyPButter
Contributor

Is Discover really that hard to get? My lowest score is my EQ which is 675 and stilll get the blue card. I still can't believe I had the nerve to apply for a Discover it card in Dec with a 617 EQ which I got denied. Didn't know much of anything at that time. I even kept the denial letter and laugh everytime I see my score I tried to apply with. 

Message 19 of 41
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

@NattyPButter wrote:

Is Discover really that hard to get? My lowest score is my EQ which is 675 and stilll get the blue card. I still can't believe I had the nerve to apply for a Discover it card in Dec with a 617 EQ which I got denied. Didn't know much of anything at that time. I even kept the denial letter and laugh everytime I see my score I tried to apply with. 

Discover isnt about just scores, I had some baddies and a higher score and still got the silver. When my baddies fell off I started getting mailers from discover with a 3 point spread and colored mailers which made me come back here and start reading up on it through all the discover threads. I knew I had seen some one else post about the card being a different color if it was an approval. So decided to add the info to this thread.

Right now I have 49% utl so until I get below 30% I'm to chicken to apply becuase it could be a very low starting limit.

I'm still rebuilding too :-)

From MI.

Myfico 8 scores
UTL 17%
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.