Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover's Preapproval Now Doing Soft Pulls On EX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover's Preapproval Now Doing Soft Pulls On EX

I have a Discover Secured and was able to product change to recieve 5% cash back despite the fact that my card hasn't graduated yet. As you mentioned previously it may be an option if OP is looking for greater benefits.
Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdudewrote:

I agree with you closing it if it hasnt unsecured (I'd give it at least 7 statements + a few days, even as far as even a few more months) but closing it now and trying for an unsecured version still sounds like a crap shoot.... having a split file.. .. The posts iv seen have not given these added details...iv seen a number of your posts and youve sounded like a rebuilder in a hurry... even so.. you cant fix time.. 

Know this sounds silly but let Disco get to know your spend .. 

-J

Thanks for your concern, but I'm not asking for advice on the pace of my rebuild. As I stated previously I've rebuilt before. I was just seeking an answer to the question I asked.

Message 22 of 33
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Fine.. Your almost certanly not going to get another card for at least a year from your first card (for a second card).. and your likely to take HP if you just close it and open a new one... and not get the free ride current prequalifies are getting. Is that good enough? And you dont get to just pick and choose what you want to hear.. you publicly asked a question that has different responses based on more information...

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdudewrote:

Fine.. Your almost certanly not going to get another card for at least a year from your first card (for a second card).. and your likely to take HP if you just close it and open a new one... and not get the free ride current prequalifies are getting. Is that good enough? And you dont get to just pick and choose what you want to hear.. you publicly asked a question that has different responses based on more information... 

It's been pointed out several times that there is a year between application. Now it's up to me what I decide to do. I do get to choose what and who I want to listen to, and I don't want to listen to advice about the pace of my rebuild, seeing that I've done this before. I got this.

Message 24 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Kind reminder for all people to keep this FSR.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

Message 25 of 33
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Treasure,

I recently(1-1/2 week ago) app-preappoval and yes it was a soft pull. I was denied, unfortunately.(my siggy shows my EQ score) How obtained that score was ONLY thru the DENIAL letter Dico had sent me. So, they DID do a soft pull but, it WAS THRU EQ!! I won’t add anymore.

I’m sure you’ll make the BEST decision FOR YOUR credit since you have the experience in doing so, where I haven’t yet.

We’re all here to help one another, that’s all.

I wish you luck!

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like they're doing soft pulls on both bureaus. I printed my denial letter and it shows both bureaus on the letter, but gives me my EX Fico 8 score.

Message 27 of 33
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

I hear ya.

Well, that is good information to have posted here so others can find it and have the answer they’ve been struggling to find. Every question or every request can be found or answered. And a lot are answered by others and also give their advice but, it really gives them a chance to let others know of their success along with their knowledge. To me?...IMHO...I think it’s great! And yes, sometimes the answer we are looking for may take a few or so posts or replies to get there but, we’ll eventually get there...and it’s a GREAT THING...I may one day hear about your situation today and need to know about it later down the road and be able to utilize this thread IN MY future credit endeavors...you never know? But, it can be frustrating sometimes when you are specifically asking a question to be answered and it isn’t at that moment...but....AT THAT MOMENT can anything really change? So, sometimes hearing WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW can sometimes be a great reminder of why you are here. Again, we are all here to help one another and IMHO THAT IS GREAT FOR ALL OF US! Whether we know it all or not.

But, again, thank you for sharing you info about the EX(both) showing up on the denial letter. That’s definitely something we can all look for in the future and be able to share if it happens to someone else.

Thanks! 👍

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brooklyn2018wrote:
I hear ya.

Well, that is good information to have posted here so others can find it and have the answer they’ve been struggling to find. Every question or every request can be found or answered. And a lot are answered by others and also give their advice but, it really gives them a chance to let others know of their success along with their knowledge. To me?...IMHO...I think it’s great! And yes, sometimes the answer we are looking for may take a few or so posts or replies to get there but, we’ll eventually get there...and it’s a GREAT THING...I may one day hear about your situation today and need to know about it later down the road and be able to utilize this thread IN MY future credit endeavors...you never know? But, it can be frustrating sometimes when you are specifically asking a question to be answered and it isn’t at that moment...but....AT THAT MOMENT can anything really change? So, sometimes hearing WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW can sometimes be a great reminder of why you are here. Again, we are all here to help one another and IMHO THAT IS GREAT FOR ALL OF US! Whether we know it all or not.

But, again, thank you for sharing you info about the EX(both) showing up on the denial letter. That’s definitely something we can all look for in the future and be able to share if it happens to someone else.

Thanks! 👍

What you are saying is correct and perhaps I overeacted, but when someone keeps telling me to slow down or I'm in a hurry and I've told you several time that I've repaired my credit in past, I know what I'm doing, it gets irritating. 

Message 29 of 33
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

We KNOW it is frustrating in this WHOLE REBUILDING THING and trying to figure out the best way possible to up our scores as fast as we can!! I KNOW I AM! Lol

Don’t take this the wrong way, please?

Maybe it can be a good thing, in retrospect to our re-building? Giving us that EXTRA PUSH to make sure WE make the right decisions based on OUR OWN approaches. That frustration is a good stable...IMO. It just keeps ME searching and searching for the best way, NOT MY WAY but, just the best way to achieve what I’m after.

This way we’re reminded of the things we’re not suppose to do...IMO.

I keep hearing its marathon and not a race and I’ve come to the realization that there are only A FEW shortcuts that can be made. But, those shortcuts only satisfied today’s itch and not the achievement months or years down the road.

I thank you though for your information. It will help someone, including myself.

Thanks😊

>

I❤️NY
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.