cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does CLI on AMEX AU card reset the cooldown for CLI for my own card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does CLI on AMEX AU card reset the cooldown for CLI for my own card?

So I have a card1 on which I'm AU and a card2 where I'm the main holder.
If card1 recived CLI -- is it necessary to wait 6 months for card2 too?

Or CLI for AU cards do not affect the timer for my own cards.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does CLI on AMEX AU card reset the cooldown for CLI for my own card?

AU card accounts aren’t yours so the clock is unchanged. A CLI affects the cardholder in terms of the next increase. AUs are unaffected since they don’t own the account.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My question is in the same general area. 

I have three Amex revolvers, issued in March (1) and November (2). The Everyday Rewards was approved in MArch for $8,000 and subsequently I asked for and got $12,000.

The two newer cards were given $4,000 and $3,000. I have since moved $11,000 over so it's Everyday Rewards $4,000, Everyday Cash $11,000 - why not have the largest limit on the one with the longest interest-free period?

When it comes to requesting increases, does each card have its own calendar? Do I request an increase at 61 days or six months after the first one?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

After that initial 61 day CLI, it's one increase every six months per cardholder, not per card. If you get an increase on one card today, you can't get one on any other for the next 181 days, no matter how long it's been since your other cards were increased. Amex views all the accounts as one entity under the Cardmember - essentially it's one increase per customer every six months. On which card is irrelevant.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, I didn't know Amex was excepted in outer space! Can you use it anywhere, or just on the Enterprise?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@

>Can you use it anywhere, or just on the Enterprise?

Yeah, pretty much.

American Express is accepted in more than 150 systems spread out over 8,000 light-years. That includes all the members of the United Federation of Planets. Amex cards are more widely accepted in some exotic destinations than others, though. It should be pretty easy to find merchants that take American Express cards in Galactic Core, Alpha and Beta Quadrants, for example. But it will be much tougher in hostile places that aren’t known for doing business with the UFP or attracting UFP tourists and explorers, like Dominion, Klingon, Romulan Empires and epecially Borg.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

And don't even bother trying to use your Discover card off-Earth. Like seriously, not even on the moon.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.