cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Synchrony update a CLI mid-cycle? CLI requests on other cards?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI advise when scores are at my best

@Superduper2014 wrote:

I called US bank today to ask about whether they would do a SP or hard pull. 

The cust serv rep stated that it was more than likely a HP because I initiated the request. 

I reviewed my notes before doing this and I did request a CLI back in November (denied), but it was a SP. 

I asked her why would they do a SP back in nov and now you are so sure it is a HP. 

She stated that my account was under 6mo old back then and now it is just over a year and the system determines whether it is a SP or HP, but that she thinks it will be a HP. 
So, she has no idea if it will be a SP or HP. This is what I get from he answer, but I decided not to do anything. 

Not sure if there has been reports of HP after an account has been open for more than a year. Is this just customer service trying to prep me for worse case scenario?

Also, if I freeze or lock my Transunion report (which they use) would that prevent the HP and force them to do a SP? I wonder. 

As mentioned upthread, if you freeze and they try to HP, it will be declined -- there is no forcing a SP.  And, yes, there are reports of members requesting a CLI after an account has been opened > 1 year and getting a HP.  If you really want the CLI, expect a HP -- if SP, then great.  Keep in mind that the agents will likely not know since the system will process it behind-the-scenes. 

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.