Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont you hate waiting ..

tag
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

Dont you hate waiting ..

So wife has a dental appointment coming up soon that will cost about 500 bucks...she asked me lastnight what i thought about her applying for chase freedom to make her appointment cost 300 at end of the day so of course I got excited about that ! ...well got the dreaded 30 day message . I guess chase didnt like that amex approved and gave her 25k last month ? The wait continues ... what you guys think ? It's a no go for the chase freedom ? ( Wife is sad that she wont be saving 200 bucks on upcoming dental visit ).
She is 780+ ficos
All cards PIF
1 inq on ex for amex
1 inq on tu for auto loan back in aug
0 inq eq

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Re: Dont you hate waiting ..

It's not an automatic denial so give it couple days. Good Luck!
Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

As Kyle would say " Those Bastards!' ! Smiley Wink

Chase probably got upset that other lenders give out high limits and are punishing you and DW for it. Remember, credit IS personal, not business!

😁

JkSmiley Wink. Just probably needs some verification. If she isnt over 5/24, judging off her Amex limit, im gurssing she's the kind of client Chase cravesSmiley Happy. Call the application line . Maybe the just need to verify its her applying.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait a few days. (I know, easier said than done lol) Just because DW got a 30 day message doesn’t necessarily mean she’s been denied. Like it’s been said, Chase might need some verification. Hope everything works for you and DW’s favor. Good luck!
Message 4 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Give it a few days and call robo lady.

Message 5 of 11
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

"So your telling me theres a chance " yeahhh!!!! ( Jim Carey voice )

Thanks guys ! I will definitely update once we hear something now I feel a little better because back in the day when we would get a 7/10/30 day message we knew it was game over .

She is 1/24 with the chase rule.
Chase would make her 2/24 if approved.

The butterflies are back in my stomach !!

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha, Dumb and DumberSmiley Wink. But what if he shot you in the face?Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I hate waiting. If AMEX approved you last month, I'm not even sure it's on your credit report yet because AMEX tends to take awhile so Chase wouldn't even care at that point.  Keeping calling the Robolady.

Message 8 of 11
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

I got a 30 day message (or maybe it was a 10 or 14 day message) when I applied for my CFU. A couple days later when I logged into Chase, the new CFU just magically showed up in there. Never got any letters or made any phone calls or anything. It just showed up. I think sometimes they just need a human on their side to look it over and give it a stamp of approval. So give it a few days and see what happens.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 9 of 11
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I personally do not mind waiting. The best stuff happens when you wait. Remember that when you apply for credit as long as they have not given you a denial then you are in play. That 30 days message is actually very rare as it means a person needs to take a peak. Almost like the verifications were not completed for an instant approval(logged in usually gets instant). The AmEx for now should not have had enough time to report since they usually take 2 months or so.

Considering that the FiCO is high at 800+ and the inquiries/new accounts are rather low I can say that it is most likely to be approved as long as everything else is in order. I got approved for a Chase Freedom with worse numbers.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.