Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY !!!

tag
FicoC
Established Member

FINALLY !!!

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY 

My Ex and Eq have updated to show my current paid off verizon charge off, AND they updated it to no missed payments, paid in full!!! when I settled for $1700 from $4300!! so no negative effect at all, just shows "other loan" paid never late!  

I applied for chase freedom last week thinking my credit updated but it didnt so i was declined but called today to recon and she pulled my experian and it was sent to secondary review, hopefully it's approved! it should be, the lady on the phone said i should be approved no problem after combing through my credit. 

my question to you guys, please with serious and quick answers i would realllly appreciate it!! whats one or two more cards i should apply for today before gardening for next 18-24 months? 

fairly generous cards, like NFCU. 

this week APROVED FOR nfcu and amex, and i have penfed

Ex and Eq

679 - 688

17% uti

19 - 13 inquiries, mostly auto

age of credit 1.5 years after closing some accs

60k truck loan 

$140k gross 

nothing the usually requires proof of income. all income is legit, just hard to prove with self employment 

THANK YOU

Other Unsecured:
Credit One Amex | ECU Visa | MSGCU Visa
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: FINALLY !!!

Congrats on some real progress!

Message 2 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the progress.  Since you were just approved for two cards this week, I would not apply for any additional cards until you find out the status of your Chase application.  Those two are not reporting yet, so Chase is basing their decision on your credit report as it is today.  They are known to soft pull at times for a while after a new account is opened, particularly if it is a marginal approval, and can and will close accounts if things drastically change such as the appearance of 4 or 5 total new credit card accounts opened this month.

Message 3 of 8
FicoC
Established Member

thank you! 

& i wanted to open one more card, as i am closing my capital one (they suck tbh), fingerhut (dont even know how i got this or remember applying for it) and probably my kohls credit card ($1,500 limit) but i heard kohls doesnt usually go past $2,000 - $3,000 and thats if ur lucky. and none of these are aged accounts so i want to close them while i can to not effect ny credit. 

and i told the credit supervisor lady at chase that when she repulls my EX shes going to see like 5 inquiries in last week, and shes said she will ask me about them when she pulls it and give them a explanation. so when she pulled she asked about them all, i explained that i am closing 3-4 cards, freezing all of my CB and not applying for anything or taking on any new debts in the next 24 months so i am applying to replace trade lines that arent the best for trade lines that are much better cards overall and she agreed that was a good idea and to keep high balances off all the cards for 6 months to not show escalation of debt or lenders may close my account. 

would you suggest i snag one last card and start messing with some tamatos or roses for the next 2 years or skip the card and start now?  i would like to try for one generous card hoping for high limit. my highest card now is navy for 5500 and that was approved with my "serious delinquency and a 640ish score" so i think if i wouldve waiting until today to apply for navy i couldve seen a $10,000 -$15,000 approval. 

do any of these lenders ask for proof of income or are inquiry sensitive? 

nasa 

sofi

fnbo

blockfi

logix cu

elan

asperation 

aod

firsttech

pnc

thank you i really appreciate the advice. this fourm is what made me decide to take control of my credit and get collections (that were paid) off my credit, settle with charge offs and get them positive and stratigze my credit!

Other Unsecured:
Credit One Amex | ECU Visa | MSGCU Visa
Message 4 of 8
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@FicoC 

I suggest Citi but you may have to garden a bit. 

Message 5 of 8
dcp0524
Regular Contributor

@FicoC.  "so when she pulled she asked about them all, i explained that i am closing 3-4 cards, freezing all of my CB and not applying for anything or taking on any new debts in the next 24 months so i am applying to replace trade lines that arent the best for trade lines that are much better cards overall and she agreed"

As @K-in-Boston said, Chase is known to watch marginal approvals and close the accounts if they start to get uncomfortable with what they see on the borrowers credit reports. The interwebs and myFICO are filled with many stories to back his/her comments up.

I'm not sure if you are saying you are now going to apply for prime cards and ditched subprime or that you wouldn't be applying for anything at all.

If you told the underwriter that you would be freezing your reports and not applying for anything or taking on any new debts for the next 24 months I'd stick to that as long as possible. At a minimum 6-12 months. Doing the opposite could be playing with fire. 

Total Revolving: $159,800 - Utilization: less than 1%

Bank/Loans:

Future Apps:

04/27/2023
FICO 8 - EX: 744 | TU: 772 | EQ: 763
VS 3.0 - EX: 759 | TU: 792 | EQ: 811
Message 6 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats on the progress.  Since you were just approved for two cards this week, I would not apply for any additional cards until you find out the status of your Chase application.  Those two are not reporting yet, so Chase is basing their decision on your credit report as it is today.  They are known to soft pull at times for a while after a new account is opened, particularly if it is a marginal approval, and can and will close accounts if things drastically change such as the appearance of 4 or 5 total new credit card accounts opened this month.

^^^This

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@FicoC wrote:

thank you! 

& i wanted to open one more card, as i am closing my capital one (they suck tbh), fingerhut (dont even know how i got this or remember applying for it) and probably my kohls credit card ($1,500 limit) but i heard kohls doesnt usually go past $2,000 - $3,000 and thats if ur lucky. and none of these are aged accounts so i want to close them while i can to not effect ny credit. 

and i told the credit supervisor lady at chase that when she repulls my EX shes going to see like 5 inquiries in last week, and shes said she will ask me about them when she pulls it and give them a explanation. so when she pulled she asked about them all, i explained that i am closing 3-4 cards, freezing all of my CB and not applying for anything or taking on any new debts in the next 24 months so i am applying to replace trade lines that arent the best for trade lines that are much better cards overall and she agreed that was a good idea and to keep high balances off all the cards for 6 months to not show escalation of debt or lenders may close my account. 

would you suggest i snag one last card and start messing with some tamatos or roses for the next 2 years or skip the card and start now?  i would like to try for one generous card hoping for high limit. my highest card now is navy for 5500 and that was approved with my "serious delinquency and a 640ish score" so i think if i wouldve waiting until today to apply for navy i couldve seen a $10,000 -$15,000 approval. 

do any of these lenders ask for proof of income or are inquiry sensitive? 

nasa 

sofi

fnbo

blockfi

logix cu

elan

asperation 

aod

firsttech

pnc

thank you i really appreciate the advice. this fourm is what made me decide to take control of my credit and get collections (that were paid) off my credit, settle with charge offs and get them positive and stratigze my credit!

I would not tell a Chase credit analyst that you are done credit seeking and then continue seeking credit. Defeats the purposeSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.