cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Rewards Pre-Qual App Data Points (UPDATE: DENIED)

tag
justjac2
Regular Contributor

FNBO Rewards Pre-Qual App Data Points (UPDATE: DENIED)

So there's a new post in the giant pre-qualifier thread for fnbo, and since I have no self-control lately, went ahead and tried it. I was pre-qualified for $15K Evergreen Rewards card with 2% cashback.  The app went under review, said I'll hear something in 2-4 weeks. I'm not holding my breath since I just got a card from them back in October, and have opened at least 6 new accounts since then (yes, I know). EX pull, 760 FICO 8, 14 inquiries now.  I'll update when I get a decision.

ETA: here's the link to the post

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Soft-pull-PREAPPROVALs-Updated-4-20-21/td-p/5...

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 1 of 331
330 REPLIES 330
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fnbo Rewards Pre-Qual App (Pending)

@justjac2 wrote:

So there's a new post in the giant pre-qualifier thread for fnbo, and since I have no self-control lately, went ahead and tried it. I was pre-qualified for $15K Evergreen Rewards card with 2% cashback.  The app went under review, said I'll hear something in 2-4 weeks. I'm not holding my breath since I just got a card from them back in October, and have opened at least 6 new accounts since then (yes, I know). EX pull, 760 FICO 8, 14 inquiries now.  I'll update when I get a decision.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Soft-pull-PREAPPROVALs-Updated-4-20-21/td-p/5...

Fingers crossed buddy! 

Message 2 of 331
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@justjac2 wrote:

I know the feeling 😜. Did it provide you with a CL and APR on the pre-approved results?

Keep us posted 👍

Message 3 of 331
justjac2
Regular Contributor

Thanks, @Anonymous and @FinStar! The CL was $15K but I don't remember the APR. I should have taken a screenshot before completing the app 🤦🏾‍♀️

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 4 of 331
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@justjac2 wrote:

Thanks, @Anonymous and @FinStar! The CL was $15K but I don't remember the APR. I should have taken a screenshot before completing the app 🤦🏾‍♀️

No worries @justjac2, nice SL offer btw.  Sending positive vibes your way with the app👌

Message 5 of 331
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Well, I think they are just throwing $15,000.00 around because that's also what I got on prequal. 

I think outcome of application might  wildly differ from prequal 

Message 6 of 331
ficosuave
Contributor

FWIW, I just tried the prequal myself and the offer was for $11,300 and 18.24%.

Gardening now, with a summer SUB in mind (but still good to know). Anyhow, good luck.

Message 7 of 331
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

Well, I think they are just throwing $15,000.00 around because that's also what I got on prequal. 

I just tried it prequalified for 15K and also did  DH, trouble is he was denied for this card a few weeks back 🙄So unfortunately I don't think this is accurate .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 331
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I just tried it prequalified for 15K and also did  DH, trouble is he was denied for this card a few weeks back 🙄So unfortunately I don't think this is accurate .

I think the APR is accurate, several new accounts in the last 6 weeks.

I am a high risk flyerSmiley Tongue

(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

Message 9 of 331
Hex
Valued Contributor

It looks like 18.24% is the lowest APR they offer for this card. I've only made one previous FNBO application . I got denied for the Overstock MasterCard when they used to have it but that was about 4 years ago. I was ticked so I closed my Overstock store card and I haven't shopped there since. I don't really hold grudges that long but the site seems overpriced to me and I can never find any discount codes for that site. But I digress, I do think this is probably a fairly solid preapproval. I can't apply because I'm not currently taking on any new accounts (I refuse to use the "G" word). Maybe others will take the plunge. 

1FBC38FF-FCDB-416C-87AE-167B4CBC3ED9.jpeg

Message 10 of 331
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.