cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Rewards Pre-Qual App Data Points (UPDATE: DENIED)

tag
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Re: fnbo Rewards Pre-Qual App (UPDATE: DENIED)

I tried this and received $11,300 @ 18.xx%

I went ahead and apped, and it went pending. That was friday and I am still waiting. Thinking this will be a denial, but we shall see. I am at 4/24 with 4 INQs so that may be what will cost me a denial.

I too don't think these are really preapprovals.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 61 of 331
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@ldkcivilservant wrote:

I tried this and received $11,300 @ 18.xx%

I went ahead and apped, and it went pending. That was friday and I am still waiting. Thinking this will be a denial, but we shall see. I am at 4/24 with 4 INQs so that may be what will cost me a denial.

I too don't think these are really preapprovals.

Good Luck on your pending app.  .. Please keep us updated?

Not sure about the online pre-approval tool, but the mailers are pretty solid.

Message 62 of 331
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

I did it but it didn't offer me anything. They say they're sending a letter to tell me why I didn't pre-qual LOL!

"Would having my reports locked prevent them from a SP?"

@ChargedUp, YES! ..The letter will probably state: "Unable to access your credit file"

Message 63 of 331
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

I did it but it didn't offer me anything. They say they're sending a letter to tell me why I didn't pre-qual LOL!

"Would having my reports locked prevent them from a SP?"

@ChargedUp, YES! ..The letter will probably state: "Unable to access your credit file"

You were right, unlocking EX made a difference grin.gif

FNBO evergreen pre-q.png

Message 64 of 331
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

Would having my reports locked prevent them from a SP?

I have had that happen to me before with some other prequal sites. Each lender is different it seems in that regard from my experience.

If a lock/freeze didn't block creditors from pulling your credit period, it would be useless to protect you from fraud. The only creditors that can pull you when frozen or locked are existing ones that are doing an AR. 

I thought it only blocked HP access and addition of new accounts. Oops! doh.gif

Message 65 of 331
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

FNBO Pre-Qualified - solid?

I saw someone mention so of course opened a new browser as fast as my fingers could fine... Typed the info and boom $14k offer!

Of course I'm going to hit submit even with a terrible 25% rate.

Ex pull alert

Pending :/

Do they go against their pre-quals?

Message 66 of 331
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO Pre-Qualified - solid?

@Creditaddict  - please reference posts upthread.  It appears that some folks have reported being denied despite the pre-qualified offer.  So, not 100% guaranteed.

Message 67 of 331
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: FNBO Pre-Qualified - solid?

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict  - please reference posts upthread.  It appears that some folks have reported being denied despite the pre-qualified offer.  So, not 100% guaranteed.

Thank you, I scrolled quick and didn't see on first page so posted... I should have known tons of you knew about this far before me and were running just like me🤣

Message 68 of 331
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

Would having my reports locked prevent them from a SP?

I have had that happen to me before with some other prequal sites. Each lender is different it seems in that regard from my experience.

If a lock/freeze didn't block creditors from pulling your credit period, it would be useless to protect you from fraud. The only creditors that can pull you when frozen or locked are existing ones that are doing an AR. 

I thought it only blocked HP access and addition of new accounts. Oops! doh.gif

Nothing blocks a creditor from reporting a new account to the credit bureaus. The sole purpose of locks and freezes is to deny access to credit reports for the purpose of obtaining new credit. That includes both SPs and HPs. Everything else is still allowed from ARs to reporting activities to collection activities. 

Message 69 of 331
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: FNBO Rewards Pre-Qual App Data Points (UPDATE: DENIED)

I was pre-qual $14k, went pending, this morning Denied.

DH was pre-qual for 14k also, went pending, this morning still shows pending.

Message 70 of 331
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.