cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Rewards Pre-Qual App Data Points (UPDATE: DENIED)

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO Rewards Pre-Qual App Data Points (UPDATE: DENIED)

@firefox100 wrote:

Thank you to the moderators for moving my post to the right area. This pre approval form, ask for the whol ssn# most pre approval systems only ask for the last 4 digits of your social security number. what I have read from this thread has turn me off to FNBO, when applying for the Bank of America Visa cash rewards credit card I knew that I got approved before I got off the phone and had card in my hands inin two days and no need to sign any doc website.

Just for clarification @firefox100, this isn't a pre-approval platform, just a pre-qualification portal which would vastly differ from other lenders' pre-qualification or pre-approval offers.

Message 81 of 331
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Thank you to the moderators for moving my post to the right area. This pre approval form, ask for the whol ssn# most pre approval systems only ask for the last 4 digits of your social security number. what I have read from this thread has turn me off to FNBO, when applying for the Bank of America Visa cash rewards credit card I knew that I got approved before I got off the phone and had card in my hands inin two days and no need to sign any doc website.

They do require a full SS but it isn't a hard pull unless you formally apply after the prequal.

Still pending for me, applied Friday...  I would think they have time to deny me by now.  The DP's are all over the place.  670's being approved, mid 700's denied etc.  Hopefully my no new accounts in the past year help as opposed to being hurt by that one nearly 7 YO unpaid CO.  We will see I suppose.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 82 of 331
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decided to join everyone and do the prequalify.

Was offered SL of $3800 and APR between 20-24%. App'd for the card and currently waiting 2-4 weeks for a response. Most recent Experian Fico was 693. BK discharged in March of 2018. We shall see.

Message 83 of 331
firefox100
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

Just for clarification @firefox100, this isn't a pre-approval platform, just a pre-qualification portal which would vastly differ from other lenders' pre-qualification or pre-approval offers.

My Problem with FNBO is is not if it a pre approval or a pre qualification platform or not, but how long your application is pending and amount of time takes to approve or denial of application. Your applying for credit card with intrest rates over 18% how much underwriting time and review needed for credit product like this. If people are getting pre qual with credit limits over 10K it should be approved almost instantaneously by computer AI, I could see them asking prof of ID or up loading state ID or drivers license to finsh up the process. Yes I could them taking little more review such as manual review if you have Bk or charge off's on your credit reports. I do understand even thow they are asking for SSN complete number and total income, its a soft pull until you go head asking for the credit card then limits and approvals should be more firm then they are. That is why I am turned off to this bank.

Message 84 of 331
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was shot down quick and easy by the FNBO sheriff. Apped early morning and got my denial about an hour ago. Smiley Sad Won't know exactly why until my letter comes but for me it was less then 24hrs which is better then waiting days for a denial at-least. 

Message 85 of 331
KA14
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was shot down quick and easy by the FNBO sheriff. Apped early morning and got my denial about an hour ago. Smiley Sad Won't know exactly why until my letter comes but for me it was less then 24hrs which is better then waiting days for a denial at-least. 

Thank you for sharing your experience! Did your denial come in the form of an email? Was it after you received the application received email?

Message 86 of 331
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KA14 of course, it's the MF way. Smiley Happy

So I got the email about them receiving my application after about 4 hours from completing the application. Then about 3 hours after that I received an email saying they had made a decision and there was a link to check app status. It just said denied and a letter would be sent with more information. Once I get the letter I'll try and share it here.

Message 87 of 331
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, Sorry for your FNBO denialSmiley Sad

I was denied twice in the past for The Ducks Gas cardSmiley Frustrated

First time they had pulled EQ .. denied for too many inquiries.

So I locked EQ until the new Inquiries had become un-scorable.

Applied a second time thinking "I got this" .. HA! ..they pulled EX .. denied again. (same reason as first app.)

Of course, right after that ..they stopped offering the card via new applicationsSmiley Indifferent

Said all that to say this, they are somewhat conservative / sensitive to new accounts inquiries.

I was finally able to get a foot in the door, with a pre-approved mailer.

Message 88 of 331
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

I just received a letter asking for ID, SS Card and 2 years of W2's to be snail mailed.  I did use household income as seemingly allowed, should I include the DW?

Good sign?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 89 of 331
KA14
Regular Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

I just received a letter asking for ID, SS Card and 2 years of W2's to be snail mailed.  I did use household income as seemingly allowed, should I include the DW?

Good sign?

Yes, looks like a good sign. I would include proof of all income you included on your application. 

How do they want you to submit the verification documents? Seems so odd that they would do this through the mail, when they have an online presence. 

Message 90 of 331
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.