Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Bankcard Pre-Approval Link?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Bankcard Pre-Approval Link?

I have tried searching the internet, but I cannot find a pre-approval link for First Bankcard. 

I am interested in getting the Ducks Unlimited card that offers 5% cash back on gas, but I am not sure I would qualify due to high utilization on another card.  I am paying off the other card, but I want to earn 5% cash back on gas.  Any gas spend on the card, I would immediately make a payment for from my checking account.  So in essence the card would be a debit card, but with better protection in case the card is skimmed at the pump.  Plus it would earn 5% back on gas.

If anyone has a link, I would appreciate it being posted.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Bankcard Pre-Approval Link?

There's no pre-approval link OP. The only current link(s) are for targeted offers for any of the FNBO cards via an invite (email or snail mail).
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

All right; thank you.

Have a good week!

Message 3 of 8
stellar
Established Contributor

You can check credit pulls database for stats on approvals/denials.  The underwriting may be similar to the NRA card.

Fyi they are known to be a conservative bank.  They deny for too many inquiries even as few as 5.  They check other reporting agencies like IDA which you can freeze.  And I personally wouldn't apply with less than 700 score and zero inquiries in 6 months.  They use EX-08 BankCard enhanced.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

All right; that is good info.  Thanks!

I do not have any inquries at all on my reports. 

According to WF my EX-09 is a 717. 

But I do have approximately 69% utilization on one of my two cards.

I had never even heard of IDA before.  I'll read about IDA in the morning.

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 8
stellar
Established Contributor

The other agency you may want to freeze is ARS.  Idk if there are any others they may use besides those 2 and Experian.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

It looks IDA has been renamed to SageStream.  This appears to be the link to freeze with SageStream.

https://www.sagestreamllc.com/security-freeze/

And I believe this is the link to freeze with ARS.

https://ars-consumeroffice.com/securityfreeze.faces

It seems there is an ARS collections agency.  Is this the same company that does ARS credit reporting?

If I do not have any inquiries in years, would I still need to freeze the two bureaus before applying?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I freeze Innovis or any of the others beyond SageStream and ARS?

Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.