cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those who don't accept BB&T Prequalify offer..

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

For those who don't accept BB&T Prequalify offer..

Question for those who tried the BB&T Pre-qualified site and did NOT decide to app right there and then:

They give you a reference # that starts witha "P".

Has anyone ever gone back and cold apped for the card since you can't get the offers to show again
and it asked for the P-number.

I mean why would they give you that number if it was not intended to be used.

I tell you this BB&T pre-q site is my enemy Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

Re: For those who don't accept BB&T Prequalify offer..

I don't know what there dealadeal is. There is a branch about 15 minutes away from my house, by foot, and when I go to get pre-approved it's says card is not available in my area. 🤯🤯

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 2 of 15
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@PutThatMoneyOnTheTable wrote:

I don't know what there dealadeal is. There is a branch about 15 minutes away from my house, by foot, and when I go to get pre-approved it's says card is not available in my area. 🤯🤯

Apply from your phone in the bank parking lot 🤣

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 3 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Since they are transitioning their systems/merging with SunTrust I'm sure there's a lot of strange things going on behind the scenes.

To be honest I don't see much appeal of the Spectrum card other than a possible SP approval. It's just another 3/2/1% card with not super generous limits. It seems like you already have better cards, i.e. your AOD card gives you the best of the Spectrum card but all the time.

Message 4 of 15
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Since they are transitioning their systems/merging with SunTrust I'm sure there's a lot of strange things going on behind the scenes.

To be honest I don't see much appeal of the Spectrum card other than a possible SP approval. It's just another 3/2/1% card with not super generous limits. It seems like you already have better cards, i.e. your AOD card gives you the best of the Spectrum card but all the time.

I agree with you 100%. And I *usually* stick to my "If I am not going to use it, I won't bother apping for it" motto but TBH, that lure of a card with no HP is tough to turn down. Which makes it that much more aggravating when the site will give me "soup" one day, then not again which seems like forever Smiley LOL  I do have a hunch though - depends on what happens on June 8th/9th (I have another thread where I speak on this). If I am not able to get in that day, then I officially give up! You'll know because I will remove that BB&T card from my "want" sig Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 5 of 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

since you can't get the offers to show again

I'm able to pull the offers up anytime for dh, ds, and myself.  I just re-do the prequal each time and it always gives the same P ref. number until that one expires, then I'll get a new ref. number when I do the prequal again post exp.

So you're saying you'll do the prequal. Not app.  Then you try to do the prequal again and it will NOT give you the same offer it just gave you? Same steps; different results? (or no result?)  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 15
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Try with your browser in incognito mode.  

Prequals always worked when I tried.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 15
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

since you can't get the offers to show again

I'm able to pull the offers up anytime for dh, ds, and myself.  I just re-do the prequal each time and it always gives the same P ref. number until that one expires, then I'll get a new ref. number when I do the prequal again post exp.

So you're saying you'll do the prequal. Not app.  Then you try to do the prequal again and it will NOT give you the same offer it just gave you? Same steps; different results? (or no result?)  

I have done the pre-q a few times where it actually gave me the 3-card offer - but it's spaced out between weeks of unsuccessful attempts. If I were to do the pre-q now, and lets say all the moons aligned and I got the 3-card offer and let it lapse (because the site refreshes and then its gone) I wont see it again for OVER a month - no matter how many times I do the pre-q. Even if I did it again right away after the 3-card offer, it would come up nothing. This includes clearing cache, different browsers, phone, pc, everything.

Potential Future Cards
Message 8 of 15
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Try with your browser in incognito mode.  

Prequals always worked when I tried.

Tried that too (many times), no dice. Something must be up where I am blocked for some reason. 

I have noticed the only thing that works is if I do get the offer, the offer shows a date its good by, which is usually lengthy (30-45 days) I could try all day long during that span and I wont get it back. But if I am ever successful, it will be AFTER that 30-45-days, and ONLY then.

Potential Future Cards
Message 9 of 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Is there a particular reason why you haven't taken any of the offers while you had one, instead of letting them all slip away?
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.