Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap card cli denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gap card cli denied

Hi guys! 

Just wanna start off by saying thanks to you all, I have learned so much about rebuilding my credit after my bk and which cards were my best bet. I'm still trying to navigate the website and figure it all out. 

My scores are currently around 650 on all 3 cra's, I only have 1 visa card from my credit unon since filing in 2012. Gap approved me last week for their store card at 200. I was also approved for walmart @ 300. When I took the advice of going on chat to increase the limit, walmart moved me up to 2,000 but was denied at gap the next day. Any ideas as to why? If anything my credit score went up with the addition of the new accounts according to CK.

Want to work toward that gap visa and moving away from the toy limit they gave me. How long should I wait before trying for gap again?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!!  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gap card cli denied

Congrats on your approvals and CLI on the Walmart card.  Unfortunately, not all cards yield you immediate CLI after getting approved.  In this situation, use the card, show payment and responsible use and then try again in three- six months.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that's the plan. I'm in the garden for at least 10 months. I may have left out a couple of other approvals during the same weekend. 

Barclaycard reward mastercard @1,300 jcpenney @500 and via chat, increased to 2,500 j crew (my favorite store) 450 via sct and credit one @500 with 35 dollar af. That's the card I learned is no good and would like to try my luck this time next year with discover as its replacement. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, that's the plan. I'm in the garden for at least 10 months. I may have left out a couple of other approvals during the same weekend. 

@Barclaycard reward mastercard @1,300 jcpenney @Anonymous and via chat, increased to 2,500 j crew (my favorite store) 450 via sct and credit one @Anonymous with 35 dollar af. That's the card I learned is no good and would like to try my luck this time next year with discover as its replacement. 

Congrats on the approvals and you are right about CreditOne.  Your current cards /approvals would have been enough to get you your beloved Discover next year.  Definately garden as you have had a good run.

Message 4 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

The garden work of what you got will pay off down the road and you'll have more options and.success coming.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you RM21! I noticed you have the walmart mastercard, was that an upgrade you received or did you apply directly for it? Not sure I want a walmart mastercard but am curious as to their upgrade procedures. Fingers are crossed on the gap visa tho.....

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update,

I did apply for 2 more cards last week. Approved for Discover @2500 and citi/costco visa for 5,500!! Don't know why or how, but I'm super excited!  To the garden I go, happily I might add. 660 is my fico 8 when I was approved for both cards. 

Message 7 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

How far post discharge are you? Congrats on the Costco card
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.