cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grand Opening / Grand Closing! I had the Apple Card for 7 hours!!!

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Grand Opening / Grand Closing! I had the Apple Card for 7 hours!!!

So for those unfamiliar I have wanted the Apple Card badly since it first was announced in the Spring of 2019!  Once it came out I was denied time and time again, 11 times total to be exact! So you can imagine my excitement this morning when I applied at 3 am and got the message "You've been approved"! Someone had told me they felt odds of approval were improved if you buy something at the time of applying. I went on the Apple website and bought an iPad and chose to do the installment plan and applied for the Apple Card. I had planned to pay the card off once the purchase posted.

So the Apple card never showed up in my wallet. After multiple attempts I went to bed. I called Goldman Sachs this morning who then transferred me to Apple. It was discovered that I used the wrong Apple ID when I applied. See I've had an Apple ID since 2004 linked to my iTunes, all my music, movies and apps were linked to it which is why I still use it. When iCloud came out they wouldn't let me use that Apple ID and I had to make a separate Apple ID specifically for iCloud. 

The only options I now had were to keep the account open, but doing this I would never be able to add the card to my phone. I'd only get 1% for the life of the card. The other option was to close the account and apply using my icloud email, but I'd have to cancel my iPad order and wait 30 days to reapply. This created some major concern since it already took me 12 attempts to be approved. They couldn't guarantee me that I'd be approved in 30 days either. They said they'd document a lot of notes in case things didn't go well when I reapply and needed to call in.  I'm extremely disappointed right now! After 13 months of trying I literally only had the card for 7 hours!

25 REPLIES 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Grand Opening / Grand Closing! I had the Apple Card for 7 hours!!!

That is unfortunate. Hopefully, you'll be fully approved in 30 days.
Message 2 of 26
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

IMG-20200716-WA0009.jpg

Congrats on the Apple Card approval and ... 👏👏👏

Am I supposed to take that back, uhh.

Seriously though, best of luck to you if and when you decide to reapply for the card 🤙

Message 3 of 26
blindambition
Senior Contributor

That's a bummer!!! This scenario, along with a few others, really show some deficiencies in card implementation.

I remember them telling @Anonymous to reapply, because of extra income benefit to him. I'd tell you to pass. The card really hasn't been that special. Good luck to you!!

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 26
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Well I would focus on the positives. They approved you

after 11 denials :-) So congratulations on that part.

Good luck on the other part of the story.

Doesn't look like a quick fix there. 

Let us know how it turns out :-)

Cheers

Message 5 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 6 of 26
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
That is unfortunate. Hopefully, you'll be fully approved in 30 days.

Thank you! I appreciate it! I really hope so too! 

Message 7 of 26
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Credit4Growth wrote:

IMG-20200716-WA0009.jpg

Congrats on the Apple Card approval and ... 👏👏👏

Am I supposed to take that back, uhh.

Seriously though, best of luck to you if and when you decide to reapply for the card 🤙

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Message 8 of 26
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

That's a bummer!!! This scenario, along with a few others, really show some deficiencies in card implementation.

I remember them telling @Anonymous to reapply, because of extra income benefit to him. I'd tell you to pass. The card really hasn't been that special. Good luck to you!!

Smiley Happy

Thank you for your feedback! I hear you! This card just makes a lot of sense for me personally since I spend sooooooo much on Apple stuff! I'd be lying if I said the thought hasn't crossed my mind a few times though to just pass on this card,  especially with how many times Goldman Sachs has denied me. I'm basically begging them to take my money when they don't deserve it. I just know that I'm leaving money on the table if I pass on this card.  I'll likely reapply in November and hopefully they'll approve me again! Only negative change I expect is the hit from today's inquiry!  

Message 9 of 26
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@UH_HUH wrote:

Well I would focus on the positives. They approved you

after 11 denials :-) So congratulations on that part.

Good luck on the other part of the story.

Doesn't look like a quick fix there. 

Let us know how it turns out :-)

Cheers

Thank you! I appreciate it!  I will definitely keep y'all posted!  I hope to have more good news in a month!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.