Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with amex line up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with amex line up

Im looking to app for another amex card. The only card I dont have is a travel card so Im thinking the amex delta card would work. Im looking at the delta platinum , delta reserve, or amex bce preferred. I fly once a month. Which card normally has the highest SL? The minimum amount that I have traveled in the last 10 years was about 6 times a year.  Are the amount of times that I travel too low for the amex delta cards with annual fees? Would I fare better just getting the bce with no annual fee? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with amex line up

Not much to go by given limited information you've shared plus the "highest" SL really boils down to your overall profile OP. Have you checked to see whether any of these AmEx contenders are pre-approved for you?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Not much to go by given limited information you've shared plus the "highest" SL really boils down to your overall profile OP. Have you checked to see whether any of these AmEx contenders are pre-approved for you?

Okay what other info is needed? Yes, I  am pre-approved for all of the cards listed. Household income is 6 figures. I just didnt want to apply and get the annual fee of almost 500 bucks and then get a credit line of 500 dollars lol. I want to have room to meet the sign up bonus within the first 2 months. 

Message 3 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What are your current FICO scores, overall utilization, AAoA, what is your highest CL, have you opened any other tradelines within the past 6-12 months, do you currently have any other AmEx revolvers, etc.
Message 4 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just didnt want to apply and get the annual fee of almost 500 bucks and then get a credit line of 500 dollars lol. I want to have room to meet the sign up bonus within the first 2 months. 

Now that would not be a pretty sight if that happened Smiley LOL  Could you imagine that really happening to someone? 

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

How does one get a card with a $500 AF and $500 limit?
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a few good articles comparing all the Delta cards that are pretty helpful that you should check out. I personally keep the Delta Gold for one reason only; priority boarding. I buy the cheap basic economy tickets knowing I have priority boarding to guarantee my overhead space for my carryon, I don’t use the free checked bag (great feature if you check bags) or even buy Delta flights with the card. I would say that the Delta Platinum would be better value to me because of the annual companion certificate, but I just haven’t asked to upgrade. If you are willing to pay for the Delta Reserve, have you looked at the Amex Platinum? It gets you many more benefits and lounge access for $100 more, plus earn 5x points on all airline purchases. Another recommendation is the AMEX Gold, it’s more popular now as a restaurant and grocery card, but it does get 3x points on flights and $100 airline fee credit.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Hahaha, right?

OP, they would give a higher credit line than that, I woul even say at least 5k or even 10k for the Delta Reserve.

Message 8 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Get balance chased

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 13
charp150
Valued Member

If your aim is to accrue Delta award miles the co-branded AMEX cards might not be the best option as there are no good category multipliers. Purchases outside of Delta earn 1 mile per dollar.  Not a great ROI.  You might be better served with a card that accrues MR points and has good multipliers (like AMEX Gold) and transferring points to Delta at 1:1 ratio.  You can earn MQM’s (with minimal annual spend) and get an MQD waiver but this is only important if doing so would put you in reach of a higher status level.  There’s also the companion ticket award you get with Platinum and Reserve.  The high AF with the Reserve is attributed to the SkyClub access (which you can also get with the Platinum charge card).  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.