Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long after verification? CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long after verification? CSP

Hi everyone,
Applied for the Chase Sapphire preferred about two weeks ago....received a letter in the mail on Friday, from Chase that they needed to verify my drivers license, so I mailed a copy of that the next day, which they received. I called the fraud dept today to make sure it was received, and it was, and they said I should receive a notification in the mail in 7-10 days about whether or not I was approved.

My Experian score right now is 751, with no credit use...however when I had applied for the card two weeks ago, it was 719...I then was able to pay off all my cc debts which brought it up to 751 two days ago.

Chances on my getting the card? I have no other Chase accounts and my oldest cc is about 6-7 years old. Thanks!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: How long after verification? CSP

I think your chances are good as long as you have no baddies and didn't burn chase. Which assuming by your score you got neither.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never in my life heard of a chase card getting denied after verification, including both of mine. Congrats on the approval.
Message 3 of 13
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Went through similar situation. Yes, it was long and stressful, but got approved in the end. It's worth the wait. Smiley Happy

Let us know how it works out nonetheless!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appd Chase UA on Sat, not instant approval... i called recon and a rep said he coud not help me out because their verification dept is reviewing my app. Called back verification dept on Mon and a rep asked me a few questions then I was approved. It has been 4 days after I got approved but it has still not showed up on my account... Sooo annoying 

Message 5 of 13
drd1170

Well, I called the automated number again today, and I got a different answer....that it would take two weeks for notification! What is going on??
Message 6 of 13
drd1170

on a side note, I have no idea why they made me change the username, I am the OP.
Message 7 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@drd1170 wrote:
on a side note, I have no idea why they made me change the username, I am the OP.

PM a moderator if you have problems with your user ID.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drd1170 wrote:
Well, I called the automated number again today, and I got a different answer....that it would take two weeks for notification! What is going on??

@drd1170 wrote:

Ignore that automated number.  It gives out bad information

Message 9 of 13
drd1170

Really pissed. Just called the recon/analyst number and she put me on hold to see if I could get verified over the phone...only for her to come back and tell me that the scan of my license was too blurry and that I would have to really blow it up and resend, and would take another two weeks to verify. This is ridiculous. I also know that my scan wasn't blurry, it was just small (well, the actual size of my license).
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.