Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting denied for Apple Card

tag
vsChance
Valued Member

I keep getting denied for Apple Card

Ive tried a few times to apply for the apple card and keep getting the same denial reason.

"You have recently been past due"

Ive been rebuilding my credit for about 2 years now, and since opening a couple credit cards i have not been late. But im sure it has to do with a few things that charged off in the past. Some i have paid and 1 more thing I have not dealt with yet and they are as follow:

(Based on my Transunion since that what they check)

1. Amex-

05.16- Charged off

06.16 - 04.18 Shows "N/R" (Not Reported)

05.18 - 06.20 Shows "X" (Unknown) 

This month i just paid them off in full and was in a program to get reinstated.

2. Capital one-

03.17 - 07.17 Shows 30-120 days late

08.17 - 05.20 Charged off

It stops on 05.20 because that when i also paid them off in full. But i wonder if that last one should she C/O or Closed? if anyone knows.

3. WestLake Financial (Auto Loan)-

02.16 - 03.16 Shows RPO (Repo)

04.16 - 08.19 Shows charge off

I havent paid or spoke to them. For some reason they stopped reporting since 08.19.

Based on this info does anyone know my luck with Apple Card? How long i might have to wait?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: I keep getting denied for Apple Card

GS has a program for the Apple Card where they will invite you to participate in credit building goals they would like you to achieve to be approved for their card. I believe it is called path to Apple Card. Have you received any communication from them for that program? I can tell you that since COVID hit they have lowered my approved amount from $6,500 to $3,000 now. I have been apping for it every 1-2 months. I was actually thinking of accepting if it went up closer to 10k but definitely not now since it went down. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Every time your chargeoffs update, it's considered a recent late. If they're updating every month, it like being late on the account every month. Take care of the chargeoffs and the reason code will go away.

Message 3 of 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

There's a lot of DP that GS is sensitive to BK and recent derogatory on reports. Especially if it's been within past 24 months.

Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

There's a lot of DP that GS is sensitive to BK and recent derogatory on reports. Especially if it's been within past 24 months.

Pretty Much This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest that you stopp apping and accept that it's simply too soon for this one, let those negative age off and circle back to them when your CR is in better shape.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.