Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+

tag
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash+

Kind of interested in USB Cash+ and wondering if I should try my hands now.

Already have a brokerage and a checking with US Bank, only about 1 month old, with only about $2000 so far.  But I am sending a portion of employer DD to the checking.  (Working on a checking sub)

The caveat is, I just acquired 2 Chase personal cards (through MDD, only recommended for the naughty 😇) but they haven't shown up on my credit reports yet. Both inquiries already showed. My stats are:

On credit reports as of today: 0/6, 0/12, 4/24

Once the new cards show up: 2/6, 2/12, 6/24

EX: 828, 2/6, 3/12, 8/24 

EQ: 820, 2/6, 3/12, 5/24

TU: 822, 0/6, 2/12, 4/24

Most inquiries are for business cards.  

Given the stats, how likely can I squeeze out an approval from US Bank in the next few days?  It will not be long before the Chase cards show up and my window of opportunity closes up.  

TIA! 

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+

no clue what MDDis  but if those inquiries show up on the bureau that US Bank uses to for their card, it may affect your chance due to they dont like recent inqs. Your profile seems strong so you may still stand a good chance. 

Message 2 of 32
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

no clue what MDDis  but if those inquiries show up on the bureau that US Bank uses to for their card, it may affect your chance due to they dont like recent inqs. Your profile seems strong so you may still stand a good chance. 

Modified double dip. Applying to two cards within two days. Typically people do it to go from 4/24 to 6/24 to bypass the 5/24 rule. 

Message 3 of 32
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@FieryDance wrote:

Kind of interested in USB Cash+ and wondering if I should try my hands now.

Already have a brokerage and a checking with US Bank, only about 1 month old, with only about $2000 so far.  But I am sending a portion of employer DD to the checking.  (Working on a checking sub)

The caveat is, I just acquired 2 Chase personal cards (through MDD, only recommended for the naughty 😇) but they haven't shown up on my credit reports yet. Both inquiries already showed. My stats are:

On credit reports as of today: 0/6, 0/12, 4/24

Once the new cards show up: 2/6, 2/12, 6/24

EX: 828, 2/6, 3/12, 8/24 

EQ: 820, 2/6, 3/12, 5/24

TU: 822, 0/6, 2/12, 4/24

Most inquiries are for business cards.  

Given the stats, how likely can I squeeze out an approval from US Bank in the next few days?  It will not be long before the Chase cards show up and my window of opportunity closes up.  

TIA! 

If you can get it in while you are still 0/6, 0/12, plus with your scores, you have an EXCELLENT chance IMO. You epitomize exactly what they are looking for with those numbers Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 4 of 32
blindambition
Senior Contributor

It will be a denial in my opinion. US Bank is very strict in 1/12, sometimes a2/12 will slide through. I'd personally wait, but you can ask for recon on denial. INQ will still show, even if cards aren't reporting yet.

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it before Chase reports. 0/12 is what they're looking for. 

Message 6 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Lots of good advise up thread. Do it now or wait 12 months. Good luck. May the odds be ever in your favor!

Message 7 of 32
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Do it now. As in right now

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 32
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

Thank you everyone for the suggestion.  MyFICO is truly the best enabler!  

Message 9 of 32
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

When you say recently, how recent for the Chase cards? It seems that everyone has forgotten that Chase is going to SP your reports within 3 weeks of approval and may close your cards if the new US Bank card shows up before then.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.