Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Wells Fargo cli process

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: Interesting Wells Fargo cli process

Thanks AJC! Lol yes, your certainly tempting me in that Apple Card its very intriguing esp with the iPhone already in play😃

Now that we got a few helpful dp’s out there I might just strike soon if I can get the invite😉
Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 21 of 42
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

No. First CLI not before 7 mos. so I would wait until then.
Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried this trick today, the CSR told me that the system doesn’t tell them whether it’s a SP or a HP, but to expect a HP. I declined and ended the conversation. I have a BY offer with this card jay I want to take advantage of, and figured I might as well get a CLI out of it
Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called back in because I was curious as to why I was told something different than what I’ve been reading recently on the forums. I was able to get a CLI on a SP. I have not been using my WF card but I will definitely be taking advantage of this BT offer I have.
Message 24 of 42
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your sp cliSmiley Happy
Message 25 of 42
LooksAreDeceiving
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I called back in because I was curious as to why I was told something different than what I’ve been reading recently on the forums. I was able to get a CLI on a SP. I have not been using my WF card but I will definitely be taking advantage of this BT offer I have.

Just to clarify...are you saying that you called back and told the CSR that you've heard that they do SP CLIs, and they complied, and GUARANTEED that you wouldn't receive a HP if the SP was declined?

If so, the inconsistency is a bit concerning.  I've called TWICE regarding CLIs, and each time was told that, once I made the request, there was no way of knowing whether it would be a SP or HP, and no backing out once initiated.

But I will certainly call back if it's working for SOMEONE out there! 

(Although I just paid my 5th statement, and not sure if that's too early or not.)

Message 26 of 42
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@LooksAreDeceiving, definetly wait for 6 months before requesting. When you do call ask if there are any sp cli offers on your accounts.
Message 27 of 42
LooksAreDeceiving
Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@LooksAreDeceiving, definetly wait for 6 months before requesting. When you do call ask if there are any sp cli offers on your accounts.

Ah, I didn't know that was a thing with WF.  I will definitely go that route next month.  I'm just trying to grow my measly limits to hopefully raise the odds of a decent SL with Chase if/when I get approved for their Freedom.

I have a Discover on the way, and looking forward to their SP CLIs.

Thanks for the tip, AJC!

Message 28 of 42
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No problem. With Disco use it and pay, rinse and repeat! Its finally paying off for me, 3 years laterSmiley Wink
Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LooksAreDeceiving-

The first time I called, the CSR told me there was no way of knowing whether or not it would be a hard pull or not, but to expect one.

I called back an hour later (I actually talked to two reps, both of which told me the same thing). Here’s how the conversation went:
Me- I was wanting to do a credit line increase
CSR- Ok sir, I can help
Me- Before we do it, will I be able to obtain one with just a soft pull?
CSR- The process is that we can do it via soft pull, if it doesn’t accept it via soft pull we will have to transfer you to an under writer for them to process a hard pull.
Me- if I don’t get approved via soft pull, can I say never mind and not have to go to an underwriter?
CSR- that’s correct sir, you can decide to stop
Me- ok lets do it then

So I just wanted confirmation multiple times before we did it that I could do a soft pull first before going through it. I had plenty of open credit on the card to do the BT I am going to do, I just wanted a CLI too.

Hope this helps
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.