cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?

I was turned down for a CLI by Citi because I'd had a CLI less than 6 months earlier.

 

Is this rule firm?


Total revolving limits 648500 (572500 reporting) FICO 8 EQ 721 TU 744 EX 729

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?

I did my semi annual CLI requests earlier this week for my DC and Premier at what i thought was the 6 month mark. I must have beeen off by a day or two on when my previous CLI's were, so I got the message that it had not been six months yet since my last increase.

 

I waited a few days, tried again and the CLI increase went through.


Message 2 of 23
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?

Yes

FNBO 2% Cashback Visa (20k) / Bank of the West Cashback MC (20k) / US-Bank Cash+ (15k)
FNBO Travel Elite (15k) / Citi Double Cash (20k) / US Alliance 3% (20k)
Ficos : 830 / AAoA : 9 yrs / AoOA : 24 Yrs / AoYA : 0
Message 3 of 23
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?

For the most part, yes.
Message 4 of 23
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?


@fi-fico-fum wrote:

I did my semi annual CLI requests earlier this week for my DC and Premier at what i thought was the 6 month mark. I must have beeen off by a day or two on when my previous CLI's were, so I got the message that it had not been six months yet since my last increase.

 

I waited a few days, tried again and the CLI increase went through.


So it's not only firm, it's rigid Smiley Happy


Total revolving limits 648500 (572500 reporting) FICO 8 EQ 721 TU 744 EX 729

Message 5 of 23
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?


@SouthJamaica wrote:

@fi-fico-fum wrote:

I did my semi annual CLI requests earlier this week for my DC and Premier at what i thought was the 6 month mark. I must have beeen off by a day or two on when my previous CLI's were, so I got the message that it had not been six months yet since my last increase.

 

I waited a few days, tried again and the CLI increase went through.


So it's not only firm, it's rigid Smiley Happy


Very much so!

 

I thought my last cli was 9/1 of last year, so at the first of this month I tried....and failed. Waited until Monday, and was approved on both.

 

I'd wait it out a few more days, I'm sure you'll get it then


Message 6 of 23
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?


@fi-fico-fum wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@fi-fico-fum wrote:

I did my semi annual CLI requests earlier this week for my DC and Premier at what i thought was the 6 month mark. I must have beeen off by a day or two on when my previous CLI's were, so I got the message that it had not been six months yet since my last increase.

 

I waited a few days, tried again and the CLI increase went through.


So it's not only firm, it's rigid Smiley Happy


Very much so!

 

I thought my last cli was 9/1 of last year, so at the first of this month I tried....and failed. Waited until Monday, and was approved on both.

 

I'd wait it out a few more days, I'm sure you'll get it then


I have another 4 months to go.


Total revolving limits 648500 (572500 reporting) FICO 8 EQ 721 TU 744 EX 729

Message 7 of 23
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?


@SouthJamaica wrote:

@fi-fico-fum wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@fi-fico-fum wrote:

I did my semi annual CLI requests earlier this week for my DC and Premier at what i thought was the 6 month mark. I must have beeen off by a day or two on when my previous CLI's were, so I got the message that it had not been six months yet since my last increase.

 

I waited a few days, tried again and the CLI increase went through.


So it's not only firm, it's rigid Smiley Happy


Very much so!

 

I thought my last cli was 9/1 of last year, so at the first of this month I tried....and failed. Waited until Monday, and was approved on both.

 

I'd wait it out a few more days, I'm sure you'll get it then


I have another 4 months to go.


Ohhhhhh....a rabble rouser!! Wow, way to push the envelope! I like it!!   Smiley Happy


Message 8 of 23
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?

I would say yes for the most part. In December I was able to get a CLI on my Premier at the 3 month mark, but that hasn't been my usual experience with Citi.

Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25.3k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Thank You Premier 52K | EDP 52k | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 9 of 23
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Is Citi's 6-month CLI rule firm?

Yes, they are firm at the 6 months.  I tried a day before and got denied Smiley Wink.... tried again two days later and they added $3,000.  I chatted them and the CSR I spoke to advised to do the first day following the 6 month mark to be sure.


Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.