Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left garden early... not worth it!

tag
Firefly_1984
Regular Contributor

Left garden early... not worth it!

I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Chase Freedom. Got the 7-10 day message. I did have to put a fraud alert on my reports due to the Anthem hack.  I really hope this doesn't get me denied. I have no baddies, my most current scores are in my sig.  I have 2 inquiries each on EQ and EX, but 0 on TU.  I got a little too gutsy, I think. I had been planning to stay in the garden, but part of me wanted to have the card sooner to do a little less damage to the AAOA. I feel like a fool right now.  Smiley Sad

Age of Credit: 7 years; AAOA: 2 years 6 months
AMEX ED: $9600 Chase Freedom 4500 Discover It 4500 Citi Diamond Preferred: 3200 Care Credit: 3100 DeltaCCU: 6000 Firestone: 1600

Chained in the garden for a LONG TIME!
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Left garden early... not worth it!

@Firefly_1984 wrote:

I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Chase Freedom. Got the 7-10 day message. I did have to put a fraud alert on my reports due to the Anthem hack.  I really hope this doesn't get me denied. I have no baddies, my most current scores are in my sig.  I have 2 inquiries each on EQ and EX, but 0 on TU.  I got a little too gutsy, I think. I had been planning to stay in the garden, but part of me wanted to have the card sooner to do a little less damage to the AAOA. I feel like a fool right now.  Smiley Sad

Call recon in the morning.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

you should be ok, when i got my freedom i had a collection showing.

Message 3 of 20
Firefly_1984
Regular Contributor

Will do. I should also add that my current util is no more than 5% at the moment.  Income is 30K.  I guess I might be borderline.... still frustrated, though.  

AMEX ED: $9600 Chase Freedom 4500 Discover It 4500 Citi Diamond Preferred: 3200 Care Credit: 3100 DeltaCCU: 6000 Firestone: 1600

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Firefly_1984 wrote:

Will do. I should also add that my current util is no more than 5% at the moment.  Income is 30K.  I guess I might be borderline.... still frustrated, though.  

sorry to hear that man, thats how i felt when freedom denied me due to a short credit history! so i jus closed all chase accounts! and felt better!

Message 5 of 20
Firefly_1984
Regular Contributor

Okay, took a peek at Credit Karma, and it shows Chase pulled Equifax, which has my best score on here .  And now it says I have 4 inquries (still trying to figure that one out. I pulled Equifax on HERE a few days ago. 2 inquiries. Something's fishy here. Smiley Surprised )  

Message 6 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

With a AMEX and Citi card, I am sure you will be approved for the Freedom.

Message 7 of 20
msbia
Established Contributor

@Firefly_1984 wrote:

Okay, took a peek at Credit Karma, and it shows Chase pulled Equifax, which has my best score on here .  And now it says I have 4 inquries (still trying to figure that one out. I pulled Equifax on HERE a few days ago. 2 inquiries. Something's fishy here. Smiley Surprised )  

Credit Karma is not to be relied upon. What shows here is what's real. You should be fine! 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 8 of 20
EW800
Valued Contributor

With your very good scores and very low Util, I would think that you would be fine.  Looking forward to hearing the outcome!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 9 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't know why you are surprised you got the 7-10 message... you have a fraud alert... the whole point of that is you can't get instant credit.

Did you call this morning, your app is probably sitting in security verification and you answer some questions and they will issue you approval and limit instantly.

call the backdoor number

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.