Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the garden and denied

Cubs16
Contributor

Left the garden and denied

Hi All,

I was tempted and gave in to apping for the Savor due to the $500 bonus and for the fact that I do a good amount spending on dining and some entertaining spend. I probably should have done more research on it before apping but at any rate I was denied immediately and they stated they'd send me a letter giving me the reasons. All 3 bureas pulled immediately. 

I already have a Quicksilver with a $6k limit and Venture with a $9k limit. I don't use them very often but I don't carry a balance on them so I figured I'd be ok. Anyway, back to the garden. 

Gardening since 12/6/19
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Saeren
Mega Contributor

Re: Left the garden and denied

Sorry about the denial. 

How many new accounts in the past 24 months? 

Did you have a prequal for the card?

With Cap if it’s not prequal, I won’t bother trying because 3 HPs is brutal. 

Message 2 of 9
Remedios

While three HPs are unpleasant, a lot of major issuers will frequently pull two, and SP third one. At least Cap1 is consistent. 

Not that much difference really.

Sorry about the denial, OP.

Undead Danny Trejo looks strangely like dead Danny Trejo, who looks exactly like alive Danny Trejo. Thanks, Netflix!
Message 3 of 9
Cubs16
Contributor

I did not have a prequalification, went in cold.

I am LOL/24.

A bit embarassed to say this but I have 15 cc's in 24 months (4 of those are AUs). 

Time to put on the brakes and garden to get those CLIs. I have a wide range of cc's at this point and have actually closed a number of cards as well. 

Gardening since 12/6/19
Message 4 of 9
Remedios

@Cubs16 wrote:

I am LOL/24.

A bit embarassed to say this but I have 15 cc's in 24 months (4 of those are AUs). 

Time to put on the brakes and garden to get those CLIs. I have a wide range of cc's at this point and have actually closed a number of cards as well. 

Sounds like a plan. Let it cool down a bit and you'll be fine. 

Undead Danny Trejo looks strangely like dead Danny Trejo, who looks exactly like alive Danny Trejo. Thanks, Netflix!
Message 5 of 9
Cubs16
Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I appreciate the support from you all. I really enjoy hearing about everyone's experiences as well!

Gardening since 12/6/19
Message 6 of 9
Remedios

@Cubs16 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I appreciate the support from you all. I really enjoy hearing about everyone's experiences as well!

Between October and November 2017, I added 9 accounts ( I know). At least three of them were completely useless, kinda like " did I shave for this" deal. Those are now closed. 😐

Did a 13 month stretch  in naughty garden chair. That seemd sufficient for the next round, except this time with a whole lot less cray cray. 

Message 7 of 9
FinStar

@Remedios wrote:

@Cubs16 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Between October and November 2017, I added 9 accounts ( I know). At least three of them were completely useless, kinda like " did I shave for this" deal. Those are now closed. 😐

Did a 13 month stretch  in naughty garden chair. That seemd sufficient for the next round, except this time with a whole lot less cray cray. 

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
Saeren
Mega Contributor

@Cubs16 wrote:

I am LOL/24.

It’s been rumored that Cap has a 4/24 policy on their prime cards. I checked prequals the other night and I only was offered the QS1. I have 11 new revolving accounts in 24 months with no AU cards. 

Definitely parked in the garden for awhile. I checked US Bank, Amex, Cap, Citi, Comenity, Home Depot (Citi), and Chase (for LOLs) and I only hit on QS1 and IKEA Projekt (Comenity). 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.