cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash 365 CLI question

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

US Bank Cash 365 CLI question

hello MF friends.  i applied for a CLI on my Cash 365 amex, ive had it over a year now, no auto LUV or anything, so i decided to apply for a CLI a few days ago, still nothing, about how long does it take for them to respond?  negative or otherwise?  is it ever instant (obviously mine wasnt lol).  Also, the fact that i have a card of theirs (Flex Perks VS) that i got less than 6 months, so its still new, would that have any correlation with not getting an increase?

Thoughts everyone?

 

Edited for DP to assist you.

SL 1200.00

TU- (as of today) 744

AAoA - 3.5 yr

income-100k +

 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash 365 CLI question

I would recommend calling Cardmember Service directly and submitting a CLI through them.

 

During my 1.5 year employment with them I very rarely saw auto-increases happen. If your utilization is in check you'll more than likely be approved. If you request an increase by $4500 or more it automatically needs to be reviewed. If it was for a smaller amount and they tell you you'll receive documentation in 7-10 days you're more than likely declined.

Current Score (01/13/2020): EXP: 680; TU: 684; EQ: 665
Gardening as of 01/13/2020

Community America CU Cash Rewards - $10000 | Discover It Cash Back - $4000
Nordstrom Credit Card - $4000 | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard - $4000
Discover It Cash Back - $2000 | US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature - $2000
Target Red - $1100 | Chase Starbucks Visa - $1000
Capital One Quicksilver - $700

Total Credit: $28800
Message 2 of 9
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash 365 CLI question


@CamaroSS17 wrote:

hello MF friends.  i applied for a CLI on my Cash 365 amex, ive had it over a year now, no auto LUV or anything, so i decided to apply for a CLI a few days ago, still nothing, about how long does it take for them to respond?  negative or otherwise?  is it ever instant (obviously mine wasnt lol).  Also, the fact that i have a card of theirs (Flex Perks VS) that i got less than 6 months, so its still new, would that have any correlation with not getting an increase?

Thoughts everyone?

 

Edited for DP to assist you.

SL 1200.00

TU- (as of today) 744

AAoA - 3.5 yr

income-100k +

 


IME, it took 2-3 business days. I've requested CLIs 3 times. Once for my Cash+ card and twice for my AR (first app was declined at 5 months because they wanted to see at least 6 months of payments. That was after I called to ask them how long I should wait, and they told me I could make a CLI request anytime. I wasn't too happy about that Smiley Frustrated )

I'd just call the UW dept., but you can't rely on the automated system for a status update. It doesn't give you updates on CLIs but new apps only. You'll need to speak with an underwriter.

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 3 of 9
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash 365 CLI question


@jordandhale95 wrote:

I would recommend calling Cardmember Service directly and submitting a CLI through them.

 

During my 1.5 year employment with them I very rarely saw auto-increases happen. If your utilization is in check you'll more than likely be approved. If you request an increase by $4500 or more it automatically needs to be reviewed. If it was for a smaller amount and they tell you you'll receive documentation in 7-10 days you're more than likely declined.


I entered the info with the LUV button and only asked for $1500 because i thought over that amount was a HP. :/

Message 4 of 9
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash 365 CLI question


@imaximous wrote:

@CamaroSS17 wrote:

hello MF friends.  i applied for a CLI on my Cash 365 amex, ive had it over a year now, no auto LUV or anything, so i decided to apply for a CLI a few days ago, still nothing, about how long does it take for them to respond?  negative or otherwise?  is it ever instant (obviously mine wasnt lol).  Also, the fact that i have a card of theirs (Flex Perks VS) that i got less than 6 months, so its still new, would that have any correlation with not getting an increase?

Thoughts everyone?

 

Edited for DP to assist you.

SL 1200.00

TU- (as of today) 744

AAoA - 3.5 yr

income-100k +

 


IME, it took 2-3 business days. I've requested CLIs 3 times. Once for my Cash+ card and twice for my AR (first app was declined at 5 months because they wanted to see at least 6 months of payments. That was after I called to ask them how long I should wait, and they told me I could make a CLI request anytime. I wasn't too happy about that Smiley Frustrated )

I'd just call the UW dept., but you can't rely on the automated system for a status update. It doesn't give you updates on CLIs but new apps only. You'll need to speak with an underwriter.


so is it the consensus that calling in yeilds better results?  or just that its faster?  or what? lol thanks for the info you provided Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash 365 CLI question

Allow me to elaborate,

 

all the information I just gave you was experience from CLI requests over the phone. To be honest I never experienced someone having an instant approval for a CLI when applied online. Not to say it doesn't happen, I'm just saying in the time I worked there a customer never told me "I was instantly approved for a CLI online!" Hell, online requests didn't even update in OUR system for 2-3 days so that's why I always recommend applying through a representative. 

 

US Bank is still really far behind in their online banking. Just recently they added the option to make travel notations online... you still can't even set up a PIN for your credit card online.

Current Score (01/13/2020): EXP: 680; TU: 684; EQ: 665
Gardening as of 01/13/2020

Community America CU Cash Rewards - $10000 | Discover It Cash Back - $4000
Nordstrom Credit Card - $4000 | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard - $4000
Discover It Cash Back - $2000 | US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature - $2000
Target Red - $1100 | Chase Starbucks Visa - $1000
Capital One Quicksilver - $700

Total Credit: $28800
Message 6 of 9
Moderator

Re: US Bank Cash 365 CLI question

As @jordandhale95 mentioned upthread, if within 5 business days there's no change to the CL, then it was likely a no-go.

If denied, I'd be curious to learn what the letter says.
Message 7 of 9
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash 365 CLI question


@CamaroSS17 wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@CamaroSS17 wrote:

hello MF friends.  i applied for a CLI on my Cash 365 amex, ive had it over a year now, no auto LUV or anything, so i decided to apply for a CLI a few days ago, still nothing, about how long does it take for them to respond?  negative or otherwise?  is it ever instant (obviously mine wasnt lol).  Also, the fact that i have a card of theirs (Flex Perks VS) that i got less than 6 months, so its still new, would that have any correlation with not getting an increase?

Thoughts everyone?

 

Edited for DP to assist you.

SL 1200.00

TU- (as of today) 744

AAoA - 3.5 yr

income-100k +

 


IME, it took 2-3 business days. I've requested CLIs 3 times. Once for my Cash+ card and twice for my AR (first app was declined at 5 months because they wanted to see at least 6 months of payments. That was after I called to ask them how long I should wait, and they told me I could make a CLI request anytime. I wasn't too happy about that Smiley Frustrated )

I'd just call the UW dept., but you can't rely on the automated system for a status update. It doesn't give you updates on CLIs but new apps only. You'll need to speak with an underwriter.


so is it the consensus that calling in yeilds better results?  or just that its faster?  or what? lol thanks for the info you provided Smiley Happy


Well, in my case, I didn't have a choice to make an online request. There's no CLI option for my cards online. I think I read that only some USB cards have an online CLI request form. But, I don't think there's a difference in the results. If the app goes to review, it'll get reviewed by an underwriter either way. 

Again, I'd just call their UW team to find out the results. You'll also have the opportunity to talk to them in case the outcome isn't what you expected.

 

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | GS | PenFed | SYNCB (PP MC, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 8 of 9
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash 365 CLI question


@imaximous wrote:

@CamaroSS17 wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

@CamaroSS17 wrote:

hello MF friends.  i applied for a CLI on my Cash 365 amex, ive had it over a year now, no auto LUV or anything, so i decided to apply for a CLI a few days ago, still nothing, about how long does it take for them to respond?  negative or otherwise?  is it ever instant (obviously mine wasnt lol).  Also, the fact that i have a card of theirs (Flex Perks VS) that i got less than 6 months, so its still new, would that have any correlation with not getting an increase?

Thoughts everyone?

 

Edited for DP to assist you.

SL 1200.00

TU- (as of today) 744

AAoA - 3.5 yr

income-100k +

 


IME, it took 2-3 business days. I've requested CLIs 3 times. Once for my Cash+ card and twice for my AR (first app was declined at 5 months because they wanted to see at least 6 months of payments. That was after I called to ask them how long I should wait, and they told me I could make a CLI request anytime. I wasn't too happy about that Smiley Frustrated )

I'd just call the UW dept., but you can't rely on the automated system for a status update. It doesn't give you updates on CLIs but new apps only. You'll need to speak with an underwriter.


so is it the consensus that calling in yeilds better results?  or just that its faster?  or what? lol thanks for the info you provided Smiley Happy


Well, in my case, I didn't have a choice to make an online request. There's no CLI option for my cards online. I think I read that only some USB cards have an online CLI request form. But, I don't think there's a difference in the results. If the app goes to review, it'll get reviewed by an underwriter either way. 

Again, I'd just call their UW team to find out the results. You'll also have the opportunity to talk to them in case the outcome isn't what you expected.

 


thank you.  i appreciate the advice.  i shall call today.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.