cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Double Your Limit Card

Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

Merrick Double Your Limit Card

I applied online for Merrick Double Your limit card. I got message saying they are processing and let me know in 2 weeks. I already have Merrick Secured Card with decent limit. I thought of applying for Double your Limit card and applied for it. Does Merrick allow to have two secured cards?

Gardening since 08/2020
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mark3038
Frequent Contributor

Re: Merrick Double Your Limit Card


@Rebuild2022 wrote:

I applied online for Merrick Double Your limit card. I got message saying they are processing and let me know in 2 weeks. I already have Merrick Secured Card with decent limit. I thought of applying for Double your Limit card and applied for it. Does Merrick allow to have two secured cards?


Yes, they do allow the second card. However, according to CK they stopped giving out unsecured new cards durring the pandemic. I do not know if they have gone back to giving unsecured cards again. I guess time will tell.

Thanks

Mark

Message 2 of 6
Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

Re: Merrick Double Your Limit Card


@mark3038 wrote:

Yes, they do allow the second card. However, according to CK they stopped giving out unsecured new cards durring the pandemic. I do not know if they have gone back to giving unsecured cards again. I guess time will tell.

Thanks

Mark


I have checked again. Looks like I have applied for Secured Double Your Limit Card. It is a $200 Deposit and after 7 months it would receive $200 limit increase to total $400 limit.  However we can add more deposit and increase the limit. But  max unsecured credit is $200 on this card. That also comes with $36 AF ( $3 monthly) which I am not happy about. They debited my bank account for $200 for the initial security deposit. I'll wait and see what happens. Since I already have one Merrick Secured card with 5k limit, I am not too excited to have another Merrick secured card. I'll wait and see since I got the message 7-14 processing for approval. If approved, I'll keep the second card and let it age for couple of years and add to credit. I guess I have to read before I apply next time.

Gardening since 08/2020
Message 3 of 6
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Double Your Limit Card


@mark3038 wrote:

@Rebuild2022 wrote:

I applied online for Merrick Double Your limit card. I got message saying they are processing and let me know in 2 weeks. I already have Merrick Secured Card with decent limit. I thought of applying for Double your Limit card and applied for it. Does Merrick allow to have two secured cards?


Yes, they do allow the second card. However, according to CK they stopped giving out unsecured new cards durring the pandemic. I do not know if they have gone back to giving unsecured cards again. I guess time will tell.

Thanks

Mark


They are still giving out unsecured cards. I just received a pre-approval in the mail for one of them.

In my wallet: Cap1 QS $10,000 Apple $1,500 Interra CU $5,000 Sweetwater $15,000

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 756, 758, 770
Message 4 of 6
Total80sKid
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Double Your Limit Card

This just popped up in my CreditKarma profile tonight:

 

F3BF4579-4516-4A40-9427-C2F2332A26B5.jpeg

 

Message 5 of 6
Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

Re: Merrick Double Your Limit Card

Hi @Total80sKid Tbanks for sending me the information. I already have a Merrick Secured card with $5k Limit. I am not sure if I want to get another card from Merrick now. Last night impulsively applied for Merrick Double Your Line Secured Card. I am calling the CSR and New App department and see if I can cancel my application. Yesterday I got approved for Mission Lane Card and I froze my all my 3 reports. I have no desire to apply and get a new card at this time. I am going to garden for 12 more months and see where my scores stand. Many baddies should start dropping off my report and see some gains in the scores.

 

 


@Total80sKid wrote:

This just popped up in my CreditKarma profile tonight:

 

F3BF4579-4516-4A40-9427-C2F2332A26B5.jpeg

 


 

Gardening since 08/2020
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.