Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick bank Double your limit pre approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick bank Double your limit pre approval

Got two cards today in the mail a Home credit and. NFCU cash rewards card, and a extra letter from Merrick bank saying that I got pre approved for DYL card with $700 SL and double the limit in 7 months, so I'm thinking of accepting it since it has no annual, over limit , Processing, additional Card and no return fees.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Merrick bank Double your limit pre approval

@Anonymous wrote:
Got two cards today in the mail a Home credit and. NFCU cash rewards card, and a extra letter from Merrick bank saying that I got pre approved for DYL card with $700 SL and double the limit in 7 months, so I'm thinking of accepting it since it has no annual, over limit , Processing, additional Card and no return fees.

That particular offer by Merrick is a decent rebuilder card 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That precisely what I was thinking, I have three good unsecured card's and this will be the 4th and lowest SL if I get approved, and all of them are no annual fee cards, my rebuilding is getting off well.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That Merrick no fee offer is the one to grab.

I know its a rebuilder, but its limit is all cash, they will always be there for you if you treat them well.

Its a slow grower for sure, the early double is great but the increases slow down after that.  I started with a $750 DYL No AF in 2013...

Just got my last CLI to $4000 which was a $400 CLI....  long time getting there, alot of folks have a warm spot in their heart for Merrick since they were there when nobody else was.

Plus its a great card for spending you dont wanna put on a major card, if you believe in spending profiling that may or may not be occurring.  ;-)

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied and get a a message saying that they'll send me a response back in a week or so.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job! I tried the pre-approval but was denied. Looks like a decent card to have as a utlz buffer. 

[quote]

We are sorry; we could not match you to a Merrick Bank Double Your Line™ Visa® offer at this time. We periodically refresh our pre-screened lists, and you're welcome to try again at a later date.[/quote]
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was that a pre approval from the mail?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see you already applied. I was going to say be very careful with Merrick Bank. Their pre-approvals are not always solid.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a call from them an I was approved.
Message 9 of 13
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

I received the same offer from them a few months ago at the same SL.   I took it.  Time goes by fast, and I'm looking forward to having a $1400 CL in five more months.  Plus, I read on here, from others' accounts, that after that, every two or three months you receive an automatic CLI of a couple hundred dollars.  I liked the fact that they offer a monthly Transunion FICO 8 score.  But I just found out it's a FICO 8 Bankcard score.  I don't know if that score is really used.  I guess Merrick uses it, though.  They said that's what they base their decision on to give you CLIs.  I was disappointed, because I wanted just the FICO 8 score to track my TU score monthly.  But I've been pleased so far with them and it's an easy online interface for making payments.

And the great thing was once approved, they reported to the CAs immediately, even before the card was made and sent out.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.