Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page

All of this is really more for educational circumstances than anything. I'm not looking to apply for anything immediately (I'll definitely want to get into the Delta or Hilton cards later down the road, but that'll be some time. However, I do check pre-approvals every so often just to see what's up, and this was interesting to me. I'm chilling out on the apps for the time being just to show AMEX I'm responsible and whatnot.

It's very interesting what you can see on that page, for example it asks if I want to upgrade to Platinum (which I don't at this time in life) if I'm not logged-in and it's just going off cookies. Then it removes the upgrade request option when I log in. I kind of want to ride them out and not clear cookies for a while, just to see how that AMEX page continues to develop. It may be a bit trival, but it's it's kind of interesting learning this page.

I appreciate everyone going over this with me. Again, it's interesting and smart with how they operate dynamically like they do.

Message 11 of 26
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yeah, the Magnet hasn’t shown up for me ever. Amex seems to tailor its site to what it thinks you should have lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 12 of 26
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Yeah, the Magnet hasn’t shown up for me ever. Amex seems to tailor its site to what it thinks you should have lol 

Eh, I don't know about that. I think it's more what you'll likely be approved for. My 3 recommendations are always Hilton, platinum, green, and Delta blue. Platinum and green get swapped all the time. If anything, with my spend, they should be offering the gold, but I can't get one. Probably because I burned them on one. And no, for anyone wondering, the scores in my sig are not up to date. 

Message 13 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

pink "lol" is Right!!!

If it dont show, i go incognito mode. who is Amex to tell Me what Card I need?

If I see it and it Fits, I just Cold App. I have only had (1) HP from Amex in 35+ years.

5 Revolvers and 1 Charge Card. NPSL

YEMV

Edited to Add: Never a POI Request, Never a 4056T & Never a CLD

(having stuck my foot in my mouth, i will probaly get all 3Smiley Frustrated)

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what the reason for this is either. When I view cards it shows 14 including the cards I already have. As to Pre Approvals, this isn't the case because I go to Incognito mode and apply for the Bonvoy, which doesn't show if logged in, it asks me to sign in after I input info and wham, pre approved, Magnet, Blue Preferred too which do not show on my page.  

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does the pre-approval actually look like? Anyone have screenshots? I select the prequalified offers button and three cards populate but it is just a list below that. The three do not seem to be pre-approved either. I just got my first card with them so I know I wouldnt have any by now, and not looking to app at all for quite awhile, but I wanna know what to look for when they do show up. 

Message 16 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What does the pre-approval actually look like? Anyone have screenshots? I select the prequalified offers button and three cards populate but it is just a list below that. The three do not seem to be pre-approved either. I just got my first card with them so I know I wouldnt have any by now, and not looking to app at all for quite awhile, but I wanna know what to look for when they do show up. 

Here's an example of one that I had not long ago:

AmEx Platinum Delta PreApvd.jpg

Message 17 of 26
excop01
Regular Contributor

@Finstar.

Ohhhhh thats what it looks like thanks for asking macedwar. I kind of wanted to know what to expect when it actually give me some love and preapprove me. I finally cross 707 ex and 696 tu and 670 eq. and still no preapproval. i guess this bk dismissed 3.9 years still killing me. and i just wont app untill i see a preapproval. too scared to get that hp. anyway thanks finstar. 

Message 18 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@excop01 wrote:

@Finstar.

Ohhhhh thats what it looks like thanks for asking macedwar. I kind of wanted to know what to expect when it actually give me some love and preapprove me. I finally cross 707 ex and 696 tu and 670 eq. and still no preapproval. i guess this bk dismissed 3.9 years still killing me. and i just wont app untill i see a preapproval. too scared to get that hp. anyway thanks finstar. 

Anytime @excop01.

Now, just to provide some clarification, the image is what displays when you click the apply button when logged into an AmEx online profile.   But, it sounds like you don't have any AmEx accounts just yet, correct?   I personally haven't tried the external pre-qualify link so maybe someone else can confirm if it looks similar.

Did you IIB AmEx by any chance?  If not, then there's hope after your BK has aged 5+ years. 

Message 19 of 26
excop01
Regular Contributor

@finstar

I see what you are saying. and no i never had amex card yet. but thats my ultimate goal. I have gone to that preapproval page quite a few times in the last 5 or 6 months. No go at that station still. Like i said i crossed into the 700s on my scores. still no go. 26k cl. 17 percent util. dti is right at 58%  only baddie is the **bleep** bull crap fake bk i did in  2016 jan. that i dismissed and took care of business. 

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.