cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page

When I have gone to check for preapprovals, Cash Magnet (which I'm looking into as a non-category card) and the BCE are both missing for me. Before, even the BCE was appearing. (i.e., Now only 16 out of 18 cards appear.)

 

Is this more of a suggestion based on the cards you already have and what AMEX thinks may be more appealing to me? Is anyone else seeing this? It seems kind of algorithmic.

 

May be a silly question to be asking, but it's interesting at least.

Gardening Starting 7/17/2019
Starting Scores: Equifax 527 Experian 555 Transunion 546
Current Scores: Equifax 645 (FICO 8, July 2, 19) Experian 657 (FICO 8 - July 4, 19) Transunion 631 (FICO 8 - June 6, 19)

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Super Contributor

Re: Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page

Have you been trying to apply for them and keep getting denied? Sometimes amex will remove cards for 2-3 months.








***AD SPACE AVAILABLE***
Message 2 of 14
Established Contributor

Re: Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page

It's A) you have a Gold card B) not incognito C) clear your cookies

 

If you go incognito you should be able to see all of them and get a higher bonus as well.  

500K+ TCL / 800+ FCOs
Message 3 of 14
Valued Contributor

Re: Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page


@liqwidzero wrote:

When I have gone to check for preapprovals, Cash Magnet (which I'm looking into as a non-category card) and the BCE are both missing for me. Before, even the BCE was appearing. (i.e., Now only 16 out of 18 cards appear.)

 

Is this more of a suggestion based on the cards you already have and what AMEX thinks may be more appealing to me? Is anyone else seeing this? It seems kind of algorithmic.

 

May be a silly question to be asking, but it's interesting at least.



Amex's website is dynamic.  If you've recently applied for a card and were denied, or Amex thinks you're otherwise unqualified for a card it will not show up when you attempt to view "All Cards."

 

Just out of curiousity, what is your current Experian FICO 8 score?





Message 4 of 14
Established Contributor

Re: Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page

I've experience this myself (I have no AMEX cards), but only when I was looking up the AMEX website through a search engine. When I clicked on one of the links, I noticed that a couple of the cards weren't showing up. I was able to avoid that by typing in the website directly on my browser.



Aug 2019:

Stats:
Message 5 of 14
Valued Member

Re: Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page

Experian is 657 as of last refresh. 

I have app'd for the BCP and Magnet maybe 4 months ago and was denied, but never the BCE. Makes sense, though, that prior denials would remove that option once signed in.

Gardening Starting 7/17/2019
Starting Scores: Equifax 527 Experian 555 Transunion 546
Current Scores: Equifax 645 (FICO 8, July 2, 19) Experian 657 (FICO 8 - July 4, 19) Transunion 631 (FICO 8 - June 6, 19)

Message 6 of 14
Super Contributor

Re: Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page


@Obscure-Expert wrote:

It's A) you have a Gold card B) not incognito C) clear your cookies

 

If you go incognito you should be able to see all of them and get a higher bonus as well.  


That's not always the case. I went for the gold card a couple of times last year and they removed it from the list. Going to their site when not logged in shows the card. Incognito as well. The moment I logged in, it becomes unavailable. I researched and found that sometimes amex will remove the card, almost as if to stop you from applying, and it will return in about 3 months. Sure enough, it returned 3 months later.








***AD SPACE AVAILABLE***
Message 7 of 14
Frequent Contributor

Re: Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page

When you are logged in and checking to see if any cards will show pre-approved when attempting to "apply now", if the card is not there it means you are not pre-approved and should probably wait a couple of months until it shows. You can always apply while logged out but will get HP, if it's sitting there when pre-approved its a SP approval. if it says extend membership its a HP for approval also. you can check this topic it has good info on that.

 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Complete-guide-to-Amex-approval-rules-My-Opinion-Only/...




Message 8 of 14
Valued Contributor

Re: Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page


@liqwidzero wrote:

Experian is 657 as of last refresh. 

I have app'd for the BCP and Magnet maybe 4 months ago and was denied, but never the BCE. Makes sense, though, that prior denials would remove that option once signed in.


Amex considers the BCE, BCP, and Cash Magnet as part of the same family of revolving credit cards.  Given that you were recently denied for the other two cards it stands to reason that they have determined you're not currently qualified for the BCE and removed it from your view.

 

You will need to get your EX FICO 8 score up to at least 670 to assure you'd be approved for one of Amex's core revolving credit cards. While it is possible to be approved with a lower score, you're likely to be given a $500 or $1,000 starting limit or even enrolled in Amex's version of "credit steps."





Message 9 of 14
Valued Contributor

Re: Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page


@patoot10 wrote:

When you are logged in and checking to see if any cards will show pre-approved when attempting to "apply now", if the card is not there it means you are not pre-approved and should probably wait a couple of months until it shows. You can always apply while logged out but will get HP, if it's sitting there when pre-approved its a SP approval. if it says extend membership its a HP for approval also. you can check this topic it has good info on that.

 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Complete-guide-to-Amex-approval-rules-My-Opinion-Only/...


That's not entirely accurate.  Being unable to view a particular Amex card does not just mean you're not pre-approved; it means that in Amex's view you don't currently qualify for the card (its possible to be qualified for a card and not have a pre-approval).  That status will eventually change as Amex soft pulls the OP's Experian report.

 

Also, the OP is already an Amex member with a Gold charge card so even if they applied without logging in, their membership will be detected as soon as the application is submitted and it will be denied.





Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.