cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Re: Missing Cards on AMEX Applications Page

All of this is really more for educational circumstances than anything. I'm not looking to apply for anything immediately (I'll definitely want to get into the Delta or Hilton cards later down the road, but that'll be some time. However, I do check pre-approvals every so often just to see what's up, and this was interesting to me. I'm chilling out on the apps for the time being just to show AMEX I'm responsible and whatnot.

It's very interesting what you can see on that page, for example it asks if I want to upgrade to Platinum (which I don't at this time in life) if I'm not logged-in and it's just going off cookies. Then it removes the upgrade request option when I log in. I kind of want to ride them out and not clear cookies for a while, just to see how that AMEX page continues to develop. It may be a bit trival, but it's it's kind of interesting learning this page.

I appreciate everyone going over this with me. Again, it's interesting and smart with how they operate dynamically like they do.

Gardening Starting 7/17/2019
Starting Scores: Equifax 527 Experian 555 Transunion 546
Current Scores: Equifax 645 (FICO 8, July 2, 19) Experian 657 (FICO 8 - July 4, 19) Transunion 631 (FICO 8 - June 6, 19)

Message 11 of 14
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Yeah, the Magnet hasn’t shown up for me ever. Amex seems to tailor its site to what it thinks you should have lol 

Discover It: 18.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 4.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 12 of 14
Super Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Yeah, the Magnet hasn’t shown up for me ever. Amex seems to tailor its site to what it thinks you should have lol 

Eh, I don't know about that. I think it's more what you'll likely be approved for. My 3 recommendations are always Hilton, platinum, green, and Delta blue. Platinum and green get swapped all the time. If anything, with my spend, they should be offering the gold, but I can't get one. Probably because I burned them on one. And no, for anyone wondering, the scores in my sig are not up to date. 

***AD SPACE AVAILABLE***
Message 13 of 14
Valued Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

pink "lol" is Right!!!

If it dont show, i go incognito mode. who is Amex to tell Me what Card I need?

If I see it and it Fits, I just Cold App. I have only had (1) HP from Amex in 35+ years.

5 Revolvers and 1 Charge Card. NPSL

YEMV

Edited to Add: Never a POI Request, Never a 4056T & Never a CLD

(having stuck my foot in my mouth, i will probaly get all 3Smiley Frustrated)

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.