Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVY DOES WHAT NOW!!!!!

tag
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: NAVY DOES WHAT NOW!!!!!

Well, I’m making a B-Line to NFCU local branch Saturday morning w/DW and M-in-law and I will definitely report back if there is THIS prequal that we speak of...😉

🎼Saturday....IN THE BRANCH, I think it was the Fourth of Julyyyyyyy

I❤️NY

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 41 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

YAY!!! I'm so excited! Took your advice and called. The first rep didn't know about the prequalifying. She got another rep on the line and she explained to me that they recently started this! I'm typing exclamations because my Transunion fico is 579. Got a secured $200($175) Navy Card, $200($0) Citi secured, and $200($0) Cap One secured merely 6 months ago in March, also got a consolidated student loan($7900) with Great Lakes 6 months ago, all perfect credit history since, but I also have 1 collection(2017, $617), 1 bank charge off(2014, $9), 1 auto loan charge off(2016, $2466), 4 student loans(2016, $0) all with bad payment history(consolidated these with Great Lakes), current balances listed in parenthesis. The rep entered my income($35k) and other personal info, and we were chatting as she was sending the app. Before sending the app she asked me which card. I asked for the Cash Rewards. Keep in mind I was denied the same card merely 3 months ago after attempting to get a new card at the 91/3 mark. Also have about 6 inquiries on my Transunion file, 2 of which are from NFCU. Long story short, while chatting she informed me that it looks like I'm prequalified for a 5 cards! Still didn't get excited until she sent app and told me Congratulations!!! Cash Rewards approved for $6,800 !!!!!!!!!!! From a $200 secured card to $6,800 in 6 months. I almost cried on the phone. God bless America, and God bless Navy Federal!!!

Message 42 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major congrats @BeyondMG
dont spend it all in 1 place lol
WWWWIIIIIINNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!
Message 43 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting. If you never posted this, I never would’ve applied! Know that you are appreciated greatly.
Message 44 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greatly humbled......
Blessings!

My 91/3 is coming up next week. Im glad they have the pre qualify now. Not sure if i wanna app for another card after my cli request but its good to know if they are ready to open up at least with the pre qualify.
Message 45 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope they hired more CSR reps. Their phone banks are about to be lit up 😂
Message 46 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now im wondering whether everyone may want to be more strategic with the prequal calls and utilize the AR method. My guess is if you check your SPs for a hit from NFCU on the 3rd Thursday i think? Around the 28th from most DPs youll know you got your AR and your file will be updated by the second Sunday of the following month. If you are in the clear for a bump you should get a prequal for a CLI and/or a new CC. No HP on the CLI with guaranteed bump and a HP only on the new CC. Should minimize downtime if done with precision... or i could be wrong 🤣
Message 47 of 68
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it is actually kind of wild that NFCU doesn't have prequals when PenFed will actually tell you the limit of a new account or what CLI you qualify for. It would be great if NFCU rolls out prequals and stops us from having to burn HPs like they're going out of style. 

I think Navy sees hitting us with HPs as doing Gods work like exercising the Demons from our sinful ways... Or they could just be trying to mark their territory like Cap1... Smiley LOL

I mean we all ask so we don't have anyone to blame except ourselves but that doesn't change the fact that PenFed targets the same military customers (they're actually stricter about gaining membership this way than NFCU) and thus would be considered the primary CU competitor for them. 

It is always a trade off with CUs though. None of them are without their quirks that makes them unique. 

I Found penn fed was a lot easier to join as non miliatary than navy was 

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 48 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@howellco2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it is actually kind of wild that NFCU doesn't have prequals when PenFed will actually tell you the limit of a new account or what CLI you qualify for. It would be great if NFCU rolls out prequals and stops us from having to burn HPs like they're going out of style. 

I think Navy sees hitting us with HPs as doing Gods work like exercising the Demons from our sinful ways... Or they could just be trying to mark their territory like Cap1... Smiley LOL

I mean we all ask so we don't have anyone to blame except ourselves but that doesn't change the fact that PenFed targets the same military customers (they're actually stricter about gaining membership this way than NFCU) and thus would be considered the primary CU competitor for them. 

It is always a trade off with CUs though. None of them are without their quirks that makes them unique. 

I Found penn fed was a lot easier to join as non miliatary than navy was 

Read what I said. PenFed is stricter when using military affiliation for membership than NFCU is. Obviously PenFed is easier to get into if you don't have that affiliation since NFCU won't let you join period but eligibility with PenFed doesn't extend as far in the family as it does with NFCU. Like I was told I could not use my father's or grandfather's service to join PenFed and would have to donate to join. NFCU just asked me the branch and rank of my grandfather's service and I was done. 

Message 49 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saeren, did you get asked to supply supporting documentation or was that it? I’ve been wanting to join via my brother’s service (USMC LtCol, active duty) but probably won’t be able to get the documentation in hand until springtime...
Message 50 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.