Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU......help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU......help

I was approved 62 days ago for 2900 GoRewrads---15k CLOC---32K Auto loan. Gonna try the CLI next month on the 18th....QUESTION, Would applying for the Cash Rewards or Platinum card now, effect my CLI request next month whether I am approved or declined for either of the new cards? 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU......help

If approved, the credit limit on the new card would "take" from your max allowable credit with NFCU.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

If approved, the credit limit on the new card would "take" from your max allowable credit with NFCU.

I am curious if just the app for a new card b4 the CLI request would effect THE CHANCES of my getting a decent CLI

Message 3 of 15
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

I am curious if just the app for a new card b4 the CLI request would effect THE CHANCES of my getting a decent CLI

Again, if denied it will not do a thing.. If approved, the amount of credit given to you on the NEW card will take away from your maximum available unsecured credit with NFCU.

So, lets say you have a $10k credit card now and your internal limit is $15k (using general numbers here) If you apply for a new card and get an approval for say, $5k... You are now at your internal limit and when you go to apply for a CLI there will be no more available unsecured credit left to give you. In the same situation if you are declined the 2nd card and go for a CLI, there could be $5k out there to give before reaching your internal limit.

All depends on what YOUR internal limit is with NFCU. Hopefully the explanation helps Smiley Happy Good luck

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

Again, if denied it will not do a thing.. If approved, the amount of credit given to you on the NEW card will take away from your maximum available unsecured credit with NFCU.

So, lets say you have a $10k credit card now and your internal limit is $15k (using general numbers here) If you apply for a new card and get an approval for say, $5k... You are now at your internal limit and when you go to apply for a CLI there will be no more available unsecured credit left to give you. In the same situation if you are declined the 2nd card and go for a CLI, there could be $5k out there to give before reaching your internal limit.

All depends on what YOUR internal limit is with NFCU. Hopefully the explanation helps Smiley Happy Good luck

Sure does......As long as the application itself doesn't have a negative effect..I have spoken with NFCU credit card  people and they all say dont apply for 2nd card for at least 6 months..must be a script they follow

Message 5 of 15
stinastina
Established Contributor

Word on the street is that NFCU no longer allows 91 day cli's ( it's now 6 months) but people have been having success apping for a 2nd or 3rd card. If you check out the official thread you will see other people's experiences and current trends.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastina wrote:

Word on the street is that NFCU no longer allows 91 day cli's ( it's now 6 months) but people have been having success apping for a 2nd or 3rd card. If you check out the official thread you will see other people's experiences and current trends.

Well, I am seeing a whole bunch of CLI at 91 days currently being posted.....I am sure lots don't get one..but alot sure do..

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@stinastina wrote:

Well, I am seeing a whole bunch of CLI at 91 days currently being posted.....I am sure lots don't get one..but alot sure do..

+1

I just got an $11500 CLI at 94 days and my 3rd statement had cut about a week prior. I've seen several others getting CLI at 91+ days as well. It is still happening! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
itspnutbutterkellytime
Regular Contributor

Not true. I just received my 91 day CLI from Navy (no hard pull) as well as a second card Smiley Happy 

FICO8 Scores as of 2022 MAY 18:

FICO Auto 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Bankcard 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:
Message 9 of 15
stinastina
Established Contributor

I'm just reporting what was stated in the official NFCU CLI thread. So...

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.