Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy CashRewards CLI Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy CashRewards CLI Denied

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Anonymous     The thing that is Funny to me about that though is that my AGG was higher than that when I first opened my account and got my Card LOL so Idk?!     I had that card under 30% when I applied as well and so I'm just a bit confused XD      I will see about calling to do the Off Cycle you mentioned so if I call I should request it the next day or a few days after to make sure it had time to show up for them?!

Once the paydown is reflected in the app in your current balance, you're good to go for asking for the off-cycle report.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you know you were declined if you don't have the letter yet? They have been backed up, some people have had to wait a few days to get CLI approvals. 

Sorry if it is a denial though. There's no set time to wait but I would personally wait until the next score update so they have up to date info to go on. 

Message 12 of 23
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous 

+ 1 Nfcu have been back logged with CLI and request for reconsideration on account. I waited 10 days b4 I got an answer to my reconsideration for a higher limit. @OP did it say you were Denied?

Message 13 of 23
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous     That card started out with a 500 or 600 SL, they gave me a CLI to 1100 in July when my UTL was higher atm....I paid off some things and added my Disco in November I believe it was....but I always make large payments on all my cards (I just use them a lot too XD)     

Message 14 of 23
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous      I asked the Chat rep a couple days after Request he said Sorry it looks like they weren't able to at this time and you should be receiving a letter in a few days bla bla bla XD     

Message 15 of 23
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@gingerflower     The Chat person I spoke with said it... Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Anonymous      I asked the Chat rep a couple days after Request he said Sorry it looks like they weren't able to at this time and you should be receiving a letter in a few days bla bla bla XD     

Maybe you asked too early. 

Message 17 of 23
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@800wannabe420 @Anonymous @Anonymous @gingerflower @Anonymous     I finally got my letter it just states I "Reached NF Max Unsecured CL" at this time...The score they pulled was a 663 from the 5th of Jan so it doesn't include the payments I made after that and me lowering the UTL on my new DISCO card......So my question to you all lovely people is.      Should I give it another month maybe or wait until my account hits a year in early March?!      Or what can I do to 'better' my relationship with them.     I always make large payments, a few payments a month actually, I utilize the CK I put a little in Savings here and there, I use the CA option from time to time just to show I can use the full amount then pay it down quick...So at least it's Good news?!!   LOL and not something crazy.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

They've stated that you're at the max they're willing to give right now. I'd give it six months. Keep using and paying your card(s), pay down other cards, let your scores grow and profile improve, and they'll likely give it up next time Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you're in the same boat I am in. Navy is 'iffy' on us, and we just squeaked in. The only thing that will help is time.

I just hit my one year anniversary with them and put in for an increase from 1500 to 7500. They raised me to $4,500, so a 3x limit increase. Just got the letter yesterday on why they didn't go $7,500, and it was the same "You have reached the max unsecured limit with NFCU". Score was 700 on 1/5. I'd wait 6 months and try again.

-TGG

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.