cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this is where I should ask this so please feel free to move if needed. 

Ok so I'm been in serious rebuild mode since Oct 2020. In February I got a NCFU secured card. My 3/91 is coming up on 6/11. I'd like to get the NCFU AMEX as my spending habits fit that the best. My secured will also graduate to the next best fit. 

My question is this. Is there any difference in the criteria for the AMEX?? Or are all cards more or less the same? 

My TU9 is 629 My EQ9 is 670 my utility is at 19% 

Any and all advice is more than welcome.  

Thanks in advance.  

You guys are all great people.  Be proud of yourselves.  

The Flagship is the only card with a more stringent approval criteria.

You need to qualify for a 5K SL.

Although, we had a member recently who was approved with a 2.5K SL, screenshot included. 

That's the only time I've heard of that.

Thank you for your response.  I appreciate it 

Message 41 of 1,522
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this is where I should ask this so please feel free to move if needed. 

Ok so I'm been in serious rebuild mode since Oct 2020. In February I got a NCFU secured card. My 3/91 is coming up on 6/11. I'd like to get the NCFU AMEX as my spending habits fit that the best. My secured will also graduate to the next best fit. 

My question is this. Is there any difference in the criteria for the AMEX?? Or are all cards more or less the same? 

Thanks in advance.  

Although, we had a member recently who was approved with a 2.5K SL, screenshot included. 

You're welcome! 

Let us know what you decide once you reach 91/3, good luck.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 42 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance.  

You're welcome! 

As of right now I'm leaning towards More Rewards AMEX as it fits my spending the best and my secured will graduate to a Cash Rewards in 3 or 4 more months.  That will pretty much take care of my other spending categories.  

That's the plan as of now. I'll definitely update you guys as far as any approval or denial goes. 

As it stands now I am fully prepared for a denial and recon. From what I've read That's the most likely scenario.  

Message 43 of 1,522
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance.  

You're welcome! 

As of right now I'm leaning towards More Rewards AMEX as it fits my spending the best and my secured will graduate to a Cash Rewards in 3 or 4 more months.  That will pretty much take care of my other spending categories.  

That's the plan as of now. I'll definitely update you guys as far as any approval or denial goes. 

As it stands now I am fully prepared for a denial and recon. From what I've read That's the most likely scenario.  

The More Rewards is a good daily driver, I use mine pretty much every day. The only negative from my point of view would be the minimum redemption for cash back is 5000 points. 

You can always use points of any amount towards your balance at anytime.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 44 of 1,522
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance.  

You're welcome! 

The More Rewards is a good daily driver, I use mine pretty much every day. The only negative from my point of view would be the minimum redemption for cash back is 5000 points. 

You can always use points of any amount towards your balance at anytime.

Interesting I didn't know about the 5k points rule but it really doesn't effect me too much as I rarely cash in my Rewards until I have accrued a lot anyway.  On my quicksilver for example I usually wait until I have 40 or 50 bucks before I use it and then it's almost always to pay for an Amazon purchase.  At 3X points for grocery and restaurants it shouldn't take very long to get to 5k anyway.  I've had my secured for almost 3 months now and I have over 2300 points on it. (Yes very heavy usage.)

I've been putting most of my spending on it. I pay it off every few days lol.  

Message 45 of 1,522
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This might be interesting to some... over the weekend I received a $4k auto-CLI on my Go Rewards Visa.

Thread with details is here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/NFCU-Go-Rewards-4k-Auto-CLI/m-p/6340986 

I've never requested a CLI for this account which is another reason getting one is surprising.

I mentioned in the approval thread that I'm somewhat "meh" about this since I have no idea if a More Rewards Amex is still in the cards (pun intended) due to my possibly bumping-up against max exposure, but that's a while off anyway.

Possibly a pandemic $4k auto-CLI is a thing now?  LOL.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 46 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

This might be interesting to some... over the weekend I received a $4k auto-CLI on my Go Rewards Visa.

Thread with details is here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/NFCU-Go-Rewards-4k-Auto-CLI/m-p/6340986 

I've never requested a CLI for this account which is another reason getting one is surprising.

I mentioned in the approval thread that I'm somewhat "meh" about this since I have no idea if a More Rewards Amex is still in the cards (pun intended) due to my possibly bumping-up against max exposure, but that's a while off anyway.

Possibly a pandemic $4k auto-CLI is a thing now?  LOL.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thats great @UncleB  Smiley Happy ive only received 1 auto cli from Navy and that was aftee having account 3 yearsSmiley Wink.  I dont know about max exposure but ive gone way past that recently lol.   One thing we cant depend on with Navy is auto luv but when it happens, as with all things Navy, they usually go bigSmiley Happy

Message 47 of 1,522
SlideOrInsert
Regular Contributor

nfcu more rewards amex: ordered the pandemic particular 4K cli on 5/29 without instant approval. available credit finally updated today, but credit limit still states 16K.

I use the more rewards as my daily driver to feed both me an my ride (3% back). nfcu is not my main bank, but I did have my tax refunds deposited to them this year. dti is low low as I've been saving more than spending since the pandemic. 25% util on my bofa card at 0%, all others are effectively zero balance. all credit cards reporting various ficos > 790. no evidence of a hard pull.

tempted to ask for a cli on the nfcu platinum as it has been at least 9-12 months since the last 4K, but don't want to trigger poi requests or any type of account review.

also got a bump on my citi simplicity from 19900 to 21900 but requested to lower to 21000 because I like the numbers better.

forget when, but for at least the past year, discover will not let me get it in past 20000.

last time I asked bofa (my main bank) she kindly told me "holup, you're good."

chase, well she wants to be courted with a hp so I'll hold until if ever I need more.

upgrade
9/2022
$30000
nfcu
8/2020
$20000
nfcu
12/2018
$30000
bofa
8/2016
$30000
citi
3/2016
$21000
discover
5/2014
$20000
chase
10/2007
$8900
Message 48 of 1,522
bustout
New Contributor

A few weeks ago requested $500 increase to More Rewards Amex in order to cover my son who I added on as an authorized user. Approved.

Today woke up to an auto $3000 CLI on Platinum with about 77% usage.

Thinking of taking the $8,000 Platinum and paying it to $0 tomorrow and converting it to Flagship since I see no SUB's on the horizon to my benefit and I already have 3 NFCU credit cards.

Would it be too much at the same time to take the CashRewards card and shift that limit to the Flagship and just close it down or should I wait until after the Flagship conversion? Anyone have any experience merging and converting? I'm thinking I will keep my low interest rate with the Flagship and perhaps a year down the road add another card if there is a tempting SUB

Message 49 of 1,522
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@bustout wrote:

A few weeks ago requested $500 increase to More Rewards Amex in order to cover my son who I added on as an authorized user. Approved.

Today woke up to an auto $3000 CLI on Platinum with about 77% usage.

Thinking of taking the $8,000 Platinum and paying it to $0 tomorrow and converting it to Flagship since I see no SUB's on the horizon to my benefit and I already have 3 NFCU credit cards.

Would it be too much at the same time to take the CashRewards card and shift that limit to the Flagship and just close it down or should I wait until after the Flagship conversion? Anyone have any experience merging and converting? I'm thinking I will keep my low interest rate with the Flagship and perhaps a year down the road add another card if there is a tempting SUB

You can try but data points are energing that Navy may no longer be moving credit limits. I think it was an option that started to get abused, basically like the scenario you describe.   Everybody wants a cc from Navy but then it seems they dont want to keep it very long by either trying to pc or move limits, then close, then sub hunt another. Just seems it wouldnt last forever. And they did actually have an official policy not to move credit limits but were doing so on a case by case basis. Leave it to myFicoers to break a good thing lolSmiley Wink

Message 50 of 1,522
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.