cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

RASULL12
Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Just received a CLI on my platinum. $11600 to $19600. Took just over 24 hours to appear in my available credit. Now sitting at $74800 total exposure with NFCU credit cards. 

Message 801 of 1,132
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@RASULL12 wrote:

Just received a CLI on my platinum. $11600 to $19600. Took just over 24 hours to appear in my available credit. Now sitting at $74800 total exposure with NFCU credit cards. 


Congrats! You're nearing that $80k total exposure limit.


Last App: 12/27/2021
Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 802 of 1,132
Hex
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Navy 80K maximum reached.  
Took 4 years 6 months
1st account was nRewards securred with $500 CL opened 07/27/2017.

Last CLI to bring total of all Navy credit card accounts to $80K 01/18/22.

F5E752CC-3D64-4370-84E8-621A6ADD8B4A.pngF2D326F7-C938-47F7-9D62-AD371A498294.png09E042A9-8C4E-4304-911A-1F993762690F.png

Message 803 of 1,132
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@Hex wrote:

Navy 80K maximum reached.  
Took 4 years 6 months
1st account was nRewards securred with $500 CL opened 07/27/2017.

Last CLI to bring total of all Navy credit card accounts to $80K 01/18/22.

F5E752CC-3D64-4370-84E8-621A6ADD8B4A.pngF2D326F7-C938-47F7-9D62-AD371A498294.png09E042A9-8C4E-4304-911A-1F993762690F.png


That is so awesome to seeSmiley Happy huge grats @Hex  looks like we joined Navy around same time. Im maxed at 57k, even my last attempts on CR and Plat #1 just came in said so, but next year im smashing anyway lol. Those numbers sure look pertySmiley Wink

Message 804 of 1,132
Hex
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

Thanks Joe! My second Navy card was my Amex and it also started at $500 so it wasn't love at first site as far as Navy was concerned about me. You still have me beat for total credit limits. You really inspired me early on so thanks for that.  Smiley Happy

Message 805 of 1,132
okurosetta
Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

6knfcucli.png

 

Step-son continues his credit journey with NFCU:

  • Opened as $250 secured nRewards beginning of 2021
  • Automatic CLI to $750 after first 3 statements
  • Automatic CLI to $2000 + graduation to cashRewards after first 6 statements
  • Requested CLI to $6000 approved after first 12 statements (a little over 6 months after last CLI)

NFCU rocks!



Future Chopping Block
Banking

Message 806 of 1,132
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@okurosetta wrote:

6knfcucli.png

 

Step-son continues his credit journey with NFCU:

  • Opened as $250 secured nRewards beginning of 2021
  • Automatic CLI to $750 after first 3 statements
  • Automatic CLI to $2000 + graduation to cashRewards after first 6 statements
  • Requested CLI to $6000 approved after first 12 statements (a little over 6 months after last CLI)

NFCU rocks!


Congratulations to him! 

Last HP 06-03-2022



Message 807 of 1,132
Have1
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products

I've been looking but haven't found any DPs on this:

 

It seems that we know NFCU tends to grant higher SLs for a person's second card with them.  What about SLs for first cards after an installment loan?  I joined in November, opened an auto loan in December and I intend to app for a card in April or May if I can get a SUB for spending so much in the first whatever months.  I make my annual fuel buy in May making it a perfect time to snag a SUB by passing the transaction through a new card.  But I need a high enough limit to do the transaction, obviously.

 

Do we know if the high second SL is more about the second credit product, as opposed to the second card?

 

I'm thinking about the More Rewards Amex network card since I could use it as my every day gas card.  (3x for gas stations)  I wonder if my fuel vendor codes as a gas station, lol.  I see the current SUB is for low interest BT expiring at the end of February.  The prior was bonus points for spend.  Any DPs on what they are likely to do for the next SUB?

 

Thanks.

 

Message 808 of 1,132
Aim_High
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@Have1 wrote:

I've been looking but haven't found any DPs on this:

 

It seems that we know NFCU tends to grant higher SLs for a person's second card with them.  What about SLs for first cards after an installment loan?  I joined in November, opened an auto loan in December and I intend to app for a card in April or May if I can get a SUB for spending so much in the first whatever months.  I make my annual fuel buy in May making it a perfect time to snag a SUB by passing the transaction through a new card.  But I need a high enough limit to do the transaction, obviously.

 

Do we know if the high second SL is more about the second credit product, as opposed to the second card?

 

I'm thinking about the More Rewards Amex network card since I could use it as my every day gas card.  (3x for gas stations)  I wonder if my fuel vendor codes as a gas station, lol.  I see the current SUB is for low interest BT expiring at the end of February.  The prior was bonus points for spend.  Any DPs on what they are likely to do for the next SUB?

 

Thanks.


While I don't know specific data points about SL on card one after an installment loan, I can tell you this @Have1.  Navy is very much about relationship, regardless of credit profile.  They even use an internal score as part of their approval process.  While no one knows for sure, it very well may be that length of time as a customer as well as usage of a variety of their products and services as well as maintaining a responsible financial relationship all go into play with that score.   In that regard, I would imagine that a prior installment loan could help with approval on a credit card, as well as length of tenure with deposit accounts. 

 

SLs have not appeared to be related to the credit card you choose, unlike with some lenders who appear to get better SLs on certain products.   Choose the card you prefer.  You won't likely be approved for it, but all their cards can grow up to at least $50K limits and Flagship Rewards can grow up to $80K, the maximum revolving exposure. 

 

What is your FICO score, age of oldest account, or other credit factors?   You have other cards in the $6K to $8K range already, so I could see a Navy approval on card one at somewhere between $5K and $10K being reasonable, depending on overall profile.



Length of Credit > 35 years; Total Credit Limits > $600K
AoOA > 29 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Nov 2021)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 809 of 1,132
Have1
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Datapoints Thread for Membership, CLIs, and Credit Card Products


@Aim_High wrote:

@Have1 wrote:

I've been looking but haven't found any DPs on this:

 

Thanks.


While I don't know specific data points about SL on card one after an installment loan, I can tell you this @Have1.  Navy is very much about relationship, regardless of credit profile.  They even use an internal score as part of their approval process.  While no one knows for sure, it very well may be that length of time as a customer as well as usage of a variety of their products and services as well as maintaining a responsible financial relationship all go into play with that score.   In that regard, I would imagine that a prior installment loan could help with approval on a credit card, as well as length of tenure with deposit accounts. 

 

SLs have not appeared to be related to the credit card you choose, unlike with some lenders who appear to get better SLs on certain products.   Choose the card you prefer.  You won't likely be approved for it, but all their cards can grow up to at least $50K limits and Flagship Rewards can grow up to $80K, the maximum revolving exposure. 

 

What is your FICO score, age of oldest account, or other credit factors?   You have other cards in the $6K to $8K range already, so I could see a Navy approval on card one at somewhere between $5K and $10K being reasonable, depending on overall profile.


Thank you for your quick response. 

 

I'm not actually interested in the Flagship, so I don't have to worry about their higher UW requirements for that one.  It'll either be the More Rewards or Go Rewards.  It will depend on SUBs and I'll be looking for AMEX acceptance at places I might use the card to make sure I don't end up with a card that I can't use very much.  I haven't had anything on the AMEX network in a long time so it hasn't been something I have been looking for.

 

My scores were good enough for a used car loan from them at only .02% higher than the advertised "as low as" rate in December.  I assume that means they aren't too spooked by my history.

 

My TU 9:  732, 8:  694  BankCard9: 736 BankCard8:  723. 

 

BK7 in 2016. One closed IIB credit card (AMEX - DoFD is the BK7 date). No lates, no CA, no CO, no baddies at all except a big, fat BK7 and the AMEX account it ate as an hors d'oeuvre.

 

My oldest account is the closed AMEX, 33 years.  Next is the open Military Star at 17 years.  My AAoA is 8 years this month.  Utilization is $28 on the Capital One this month which is showing on all the CMS as 0% due to rounding.  Actual spending was a couple thousand due to Christmas and a new car.  My youngest CC is the Chase Amazon from September 21.

 

I agree that I probably have a good chance of getting an SL in line with my existing limits.  But I am curious if I'll get the "second card" SL instead which is why I ask.

Message 810 of 1,132
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.