Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal No Prequal?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal No Prequal?

Maybe, @Anonymous , but i just find it hard to believe a CU as large as Navy wouldnt have something firmly in place for all its members, not just random ones. Plus you'd think they could create an actual prequal page. I guess ill always be a Dubious Darien until i actually experience it lo . Sort of like a Disco DD or someone wining the lotto.  ☺️

Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Maybe, @Anonymous , but i just find it hard to believe a CU as large as Navy wouldnt have something firmly in place for all its members, not just random ones. Plus you'd think they could create an actual prequal page. I guess ill always be a Dubious Darien until i actually experience it lo . Sort of like a Disco DD or someone wining the lotto.  ☺️

It seems very probable that they're testing the system among specific profiles to work out the kinks before rolling it out to everyone. 

I actually wonder if this wasn't meant to be a sales tool that the representative misunderstood and basically leaked it's existence since it was one person who shared it here and since then everyone reporting about it had been calling and asking directly. 

Message 12 of 36
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It exists. I called and asked. She read me a disclosure about checking my credit and I waited for a few minutes before she told me I wasn't pre-approved for anything.

Message 13 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ive  received same input when i called and asked  about it. I was told there was no prequal tool that id have to apply for credit with allowing them access to my credit report. Different experiences, ymmv, and ill stick to my  gut until i actually see a prequal page. 

Message 14 of 36
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

It exists. I called and asked. She read me a disclosure about checking my credit and I waited for a few minutes before she told me I wasn't pre-approved for anything.

But are we talking about the option when calling in or what's been mentioned on another thread about the possibility of a pre-qualification tool on their site?

FWIW, a friend of mine who is a NFCU member was able to call in and they were able provide the pre-qualified CC offers.  The latter for sure is still hit or miss from what I've read. 

Message 15 of 36
Scupra
Super Contributor

NFCU is well worth a cold app. With all of the back and forth on the pre-qual tool, would you really trust it anyway? Its one inquiry Smiley Wink
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 16 of 36
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Scupra wrote:
NFCU is well worth a cold app. With all of the back and forth on the pre-qual tool, would you really trust it anyway? Its one inquiry Smiley Wink

Yup, all 3 CCs of mine were cold apps indeed 👍

Message 17 of 36
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I agree navy fed is definitely worth a cold app, I've seen unsecured approvals from folks with 550ish scores. I can't imagine them turning too many people down.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@addicted_to_credit wrote:

I agree navy fed is definitely worth a cold app, I've seen unsecured approvals from folks with 550ish scores. I can't imagine them turning too many people down.

Oh trust me, they do turn people down. Roommate got turned down with a 632 TU9 like a week or two ago. It's profile dependent like all things. 

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't tell anyone but I actually work at a call center for a large bank, and our mainframe customer service system shows anyone who is prequalified when their profile is accessed by us and it pops up and flashes as a sales offering opportunity so I feel like if there is a way it's not something that jumps off the page at them or is still in a pilot status.

My scores are in the 650's-660's. I think it may be worth a cold app, is the Amex More card harder to get than the Cash?

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.