Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Expat to US - AMEX application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Expat to US - AMEX application

Approved. Just got the email and they've approved it for $5000! Huge in comparison to anyone else - is this typical of AMEX.

I hoping AMEX will now open the door for me to better cards
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Approved. Just got the email and they've approved it for $5000! Huge in comparison to anyone else - is this typical of AMEX.

I hoping AMEX will now open the door for me to better cards

Congrats, OP! My anecdotal impression is that AMEX is more income-sensitive than most lenders, i.e. often income outweighs scores and history in deciding credit limits for them, even more so than for other banks.

Edited to Add: As for opening the doors to other banks, certainly! Report on-time payments on that $5000 limit for 6 months to a year, and I'm sure other card companies will take notice of that and take that into account when they decide on your limit in future apps. Good luck!

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it be recommended to apply for a 2nd card in the same week with AMEX as I've had success with the first application? or am I better off waiting at this point? I don't want to risk losing the approval I have.

Thanks!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.