Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luck with 3x 61 CLI w/Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No luck with 3x 61 CLI w/Amex

James, that is correct, 91 days from the first denial at 61 days, the second denial on 10/17 do not reset the timeline. To verify, you can call in and CSR will be able to give you the exact date of eligibility.
Message 11 of 18
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

My first Amex $1K starting has never been approved for a increase, yet they have been very giving on my other cards.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oldman425 wrote:

My first Amex $1K starting has never been approved for a increase, yet they have been very giving on my other cards.

If you'd care to add more details to that statement I'm confident many readers would be interested, myself included.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently tried for the 3xCLI 61 day trick.  Received the 7-10 day message.  I called and a CSR told me that I had to wait 6 months, not 61 days so, I have a little while longer.  She was very nice and cordial about it.  She even said that they have a VERY proactive marketing team that is constantly reviewing accounts for CLI's or adjustments (I assume that means lower some CL's).  She said sometimes, depending on usage (They love to see responsible usage), they will send emails stating that you qualify for CLI's BEFORE the standard wait time.  FYI, I have the Amex Delta Gold, SL of $1,000.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting, you have to wait 6 months for first CLI. I wonder if I call in i will get the same answer as you, dc?! Perhaps I'll call during a break in meetings tomorrow.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here and I give up. More power to the folks who are going to try again in 90 days or 180 or whatever time frame, but I think I'm just DONE!!! If Amex wants to Auto CLI me, GREAT, if not, 20 years from now if I still have these Amex cards they'll still have their current $500 and $2000 limits. Grrrrrrr! No more you'll hear from us in 7-10 days for me!!! Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 18
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@oldman425 wrote:

If you'd care to add more details to that statement I'm confident many readers would be interested, myself included.

@I'll share since I've had similar experience. Jan 20, 2018 I was approved for the BCE @ $1k. Today that card is still at 1k after 2 CLI requests that have been denied. My score at the time of approval was 717 but I had only 1 other card with Capital One for $500.  Since then I've added a couple of cards, even closed out that first $500 Cap 1 after transferring the balance to my second Cap 1 card. Forward to Sept 12, 2018 and I applied for the American Express no AF Hilton card and was approved with a $9k CL. Score was 706, util overall was 30%, AAoA was 6 months with 5 open accounts, the Hilton card being the 6th.  I'm sure my next Amex will have a healthy CL after seeing my progress with them. Also the $9k SL was 3x higher than any other card. That Second Cap 1 card is $3k and my PayPal 2% MC got bumped from $2k to $6k just this week.  July 17, 2019 will be my 2 year mark since I started getting my credit in order after running on cash for 10 years previous and I'm curious as to what's in store. 

Btw... my timeline for requesting 3X on the Hilton card is merely 3 weeks away but I think I'm going wait until the December statement cuts too pull the trigger on it. 

Good luck to you all. 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oldman425 wrote:

I actually agree with you on that, my ED card is still at $2000 with a request for a CLI back in May and denied.  I have since got a few more AMEX with high limits on them, my SPG biz at $25000 untill i called in to reduce it to $10000 for reasons pertaining to AMEX financial review. Have you tried the check spending power on it to go up to 3X the amount?  When I tried it, AMEX would only go as far as $4000 on it, making me wonder if they would only offer 2X vs 3X CLI...

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.