Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock.com Trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overstock.com Trick

Been trying the shopping cart trick for a week now and no luck but dang they email me 50 times a day for these "one day only" discounts off my order!  Anyone else get a ton of emails from them?  I was hoping for the popup but so far no luck.  Would have probably purchased from them with the card and no interest for 12 months.

I am not blocked for promotional offers so I don't know what the deal is.  Then I went ahead to attempt to just apply and when I got the final submit button I kept pressing it and it wouldn't submit.  Guess there won't be any love there but plenty of spam to go around lol.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overstock.com Trick

@Anonymous wrote:

Been trying the shopping cart trick for a week now and no luck but dang they email me 50 times a day for these "one day only" discounts off my order!  Anyone else get a ton of emails from them?  I was hoping for the popup but so far no luck.  Would have probably purchased from them with the card and no interest for 12 months.

I am not blocked for promotional offers so I don't know what the deal is.  Then I went ahead to attempt to just apply and when I got the final submit button I kept pressing it and it wouldn't submit.  Guess there won't be any love there but plenty of spam to go around lol.

This one is a bit different of a trick.  When you fill in your address, in the next column will be the billing address info.  CHECK that little box and THEN the pop up appears.  Come back here and let me know if that worked for you. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

it didn't Smiley Sad

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This one is a bit different of a trick.  When you fill in your address, in the next column will be the billing address info.  CHECK that little box and THEN the pop up appears.  Come back here and let me know if that worked for you. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

it didn't Smiley Sad

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't get this one until I was actually buying something from them (new salt and pepper shakers for Thanksgiving) and got all the way to the payment screen and clicked PayPal and then got the pop up. If I wasn't actually buying something I may have never got it

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

it didn't Smiley Sad

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't get this one until I was actually buying something from them (new salt and pepper shakers for Thanksgiving) and got all the way to the payment screen and clicked PayPal and then got the pop up. If I wasn't actually buying something I may have never got it

I was on the payment screen but never clicked PayPal. I did click Bitcoin though.  I will try PayPal though

Message 5 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Tried to see if I could get it as I get most of the others ones and can't get it either... So who knows why it isn't working.. People that don't even get it that cold app end up with 2k+ credit lines from what I have seen.  No need for the card, so no app for meSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Tried to see if I could get it as I get most of the others ones and can't get it either... So who knows why it isn't working.. People that don't even get it that cold app end up with 2k+ credit lines from what I have seen.  No need for the card, so no app for meSmiley Happy

I got $2200 from the shopping cart trick and I read where someone else got $20,000. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mikey, I've tried everything at Overstock to get that popup window to happen .... nothing !  I've registered three or four different times with different email accounts, same results.... except now I get their SPAM all over all my inboxes Smiley Happy !!  I don't know what gives with Overstock.  I have other accounts in good standing with Comenity, but Overstock still has me stumped.  I will NOT do a regular app and have them do a hard pull !

Message 8 of 9
uswala
Senior Contributor

I tried this seeing this thread and I got the pop-up. I am not interested in the card so closed the browser.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.