Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Conditional Approval

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: PenFed Conditional Approval

Yes I have two PCR cards and a gold card. My first PCR Card is a Platinum Card and my second one is a signature card.
Message 11 of 17
Hex
Valued Contributor

OP in case you don’t know there is a $100 bonus statement credit for the PCR Card if you spend 1.5K in first 90 days.
Also I should mention they can be slow to free up your available credit after you make a payment on the card. You get credited for the payment right away but it takes awhile for your available credit to be restored. It’s a pain in the neck but I’m pretty sure it only happens when you are new to PenFed. It didn’t happen with my 2nd or 3rd cards. Just be aware they have some odd limitations for all new members. I think it takes at least 30 days before you can use mobile deposit. After 3 or 6 months (I can’t remember which) I was able to deposit $5K a day into my checking with instant fund availability. Good things come to those who wait at PenFed but there is a lot of waiting..... Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 17
rockstar53
Valued Member

@Hex thanks for the additional commentary about PenFed. I also opened a checking acct with them as I don’t have any issue with keeping $500 balance or setting up direct deposit, still debating which as I did ask how long I had to setup DD before getting charged a monthly fee. I was told I have 90 days so I’m good there. Thinking more about this, it may be possible why they decided to offer a PCR card as a consolation prize to getting rejected for the Pathfinder Amex.

Good to know about the waiting for new customers, I will not plan move everything there so quickly!
Starting Score: 536
Current Scores EQ/TU/EX Fico8: 791/792/792
Current Scores EQ/TU/EX Fico9: 790/767/793
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amazon Prime (10K); Apple Card (16.5K); BOFA Cash Rewards (40K); BMW Card (17.5K); Chase Amazon (37.2K); Chase SW Priority (23K); Citi Advantage (32.2K); Discount Tire (10K); Discover (28K); DCU (20K); Ebay MC (10K); HSBC Premier (27K); HSBC Premier Elite (29K); Huntington Voice Rewards (5.7K); Huntington Voice (13.7K); Macys Amex (25K); Navy Fed More Rewards (21K); Navy Fed Flagship (46.1K); Navy Fed Platinum (12.9K); Pen Fed Gold (17.5K); Pen Fed Power Cash Rewards (25K); PNC Cash Rewards (10K); PNC Core (2.5K); Signature FCU (20K); Truist x2 (7.5K); WF Reflect (16.3K)
Message 13 of 17
rockstar53
Valued Member

So 6 months later to the date I called PenFed for a CLI and was approved right away for a $25k limit and they also dropped my interest rate to the lowest level- 11.74%. Also asked about signature card status and was told by two different reps that is automatic for anyone with a limit above $5k. Ordered a new card so I could take advantage of the tap to pay feature.

Starting Score: 536
Current Scores EQ/TU/EX Fico8: 791/792/792
Current Scores EQ/TU/EX Fico9: 790/767/793
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amazon Prime (10K); Apple Card (16.5K); BOFA Cash Rewards (40K); BMW Card (17.5K); Chase Amazon (37.2K); Chase SW Priority (23K); Citi Advantage (32.2K); Discount Tire (10K); Discover (28K); DCU (20K); Ebay MC (10K); HSBC Premier (27K); HSBC Premier Elite (29K); Huntington Voice Rewards (5.7K); Huntington Voice (13.7K); Macys Amex (25K); Navy Fed More Rewards (21K); Navy Fed Flagship (46.1K); Navy Fed Platinum (12.9K); Pen Fed Gold (17.5K); Pen Fed Power Cash Rewards (25K); PNC Cash Rewards (10K); PNC Core (2.5K); Signature FCU (20K); Truist x2 (7.5K); WF Reflect (16.3K)
Message 14 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your massive CLI!
Message 15 of 17
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Congrats on that increase! Thanks for the update!

Message 16 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for providing an update on your original post @rockstar53 and congrats on getting approved for the CLI and lower APR.

Locking this thread as you were eventually approved.  Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.