Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Visa

tag
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed Visa

update: Got email from penfed with subject:

Take Advantage of Today's Low Mortgage Rates!

what is this , hello penfed visa card .lol

Message 11 of 22
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Yea...just got one of them as well.  Just typical marketing emails.  Any word on pending app?  

Message 12 of 22
peghede
Valued Contributor

nah m8, same, it has to be declined why else would it be referred to a Loan Officer for so long,

Message 13 of 22
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

When I applied, I was referred to a loan officer who in turn denied my app in under 5 min from applying!
I sent an email to the recon email and stated I didn't mind being denied but if it was supposed to be reviewed by a loan officer they should at least take time to review my information and contact me for information if it's questionable.
I received an email apologizing for the non-personal service and was approved for $2500.
So of course I push my luck and immediately requested an increase, again sent to loan officer and again denied in minutes.
So from my experience denials come in minutes
Message 14 of 22
peghede
Valued Contributor

Summary

PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature Application
Your application is under review.

Decision
Your application has been referred to a Loan Officer.

no idea.....

Message 15 of 22
peghede
Valued Contributor

update: this is what it shows now.

penfed_slow_crap.jpg

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval in 23 Minutes by Pen Fed, yes, Twenty Three Minutes

Not sure why they aren't approving you.

I did a recon, called them and it was all approved in a mere 23 minutes.

Pen Fed is Great, in my opinion!

Wonderful People to deal with.

Best Wishes!!!

Message 17 of 22
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@peghede wrote:

update: this is what it shows now.

penfed_slow_crap.jpg

Don't put yourself through the torture of waiting anymore...LOL...just call them.  Even if it's a denial you can often times plead your case and maybe even get it overturned.

Message 18 of 22
peghede
Valued Contributor

how do i recon with them by phone call? before with other cu i had to do it in writing i forgot how u do that its been a long time. this cu is something else.

update: now under mobile log in says current status; Withdrawn

additional details 'if the member wishes for the loan application to be reconsidered , within 30 days of the loan denial, then the request must be in writing.

edit: now shows:

WITHDRAWN 09/20/2016

APPLICATION BUILT IN ERROR
Message 19 of 22
peghede
Valued Contributor

update:This has to be one hard credit union to get a credit card from!!! when you have better ones they hate you unlike nfcu they show off and give more cl !!! looks like this penfed cu the one most of the ppl here talk so much good about it (yeah right) likes to play games with people,and cherry pick approvals...and looks like they dont know when to make good aprovals and bad ones.. now the gloves are off.

to be continued...

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.