Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Approval from FNBO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre Approval from FNBO

I got a pre approval last night in the mail from FNBO, dont know that much about this card.. Doesnt look like it has any frills or goodies to it. Anybody know anything about them?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Pre Approval from FNBO

It'd be helpful if you gave more information on which one of their cards it is but I heard FNBO can be quite great with SP CLIs and such and you can get a free FICO too. They're one of the tougher lenders out there to get in with apparently. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what, didnt pay much attention.. I will look it over again tonight..

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum Visa 0% for first 12 months no cash back or rewards.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The card you are referring to is a straight credit card. Now one thing about FNBO is they will offer upgrades not listed anywhere that are much better cards. For instance, I started with a FNBO Bucks Back Visa (rewards were 1:1) and one year later it was upgraded to a Vision Visa Signature Card (cash not rewards) no AF. The rewards were 1:1 so that is typical for FNBO and of late starting Aprs at 15.99% (high) and they do not lower Aprs as a general rule. All this is food for thought. Yes, their CLIs are generally SP and that is the one benefit. At one time they had an FNBO no AF AX with 2% gas and groceries but that is gone. They also offer a Maximum Rewards Visa SIgnature which used to earn 1.5 for every $1 cash spent but that is now 1:1 at 15.9% or higher and rewards that are rewards.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The card you are referring to is a straight credit card. Now one thing about FNBO is they will offer upgrades not listed anywhere that are much better cards. For instance, I started with a FNBO Bucks Back Visa (rewards were 1:1) and one year later it was upgraded to a Vision Visa Signature Card (cash not rewards) no AF. The rewards were 1:1 so that is typical for FNBO and of late starting Aprs at 15.99% (high) and they do not lower Aprs as a general rule. All this is food for thought. Yes, their CLIs are generally SP and that is the one benefit. At one time they had an FNBO no AF AX with 2% gas and groceries but that is gone. They also offer a Maximum Rewards Visa SIgnature which used to earn 1.5 for every $1 cash spent but that is now 1:1 at 15.9% or higher and rewards that are rewards.

I got an offer for the plat visa as well. Wife got offer for NPSL AMEX thru them. Smiley Tongue

Irony of it is, my EX is only 11pts lower than hers!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an offer for the plat visa as well. Wife got offer for NPSL AMEX thru them. Smiley Tongue

As you know, FNBO's pre-quals are very solid. Have two FNBO Cards with one NPSL. Great CLs. As to rewards ... FNBO is in their own yesterday world. Great customer service and they are generally located in either in Omaha Nebraska or Yankton South Dakota. Believe the FNBO AX is 15.9% NPSL no AF with a rewards structure of 1:1. As to the Platinum Visa don't believe there are any rewards but a better interest rate is available (this card could upgrade to something else - if they are still doing upgrades on their own initiative). 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As you know, FNBO's pre-quals are very solid. Have two FNBO Cards with one NPSL. Great CLs. As to rewards ... FNBO is in their own yesterday world. Great customer service and they are generally located in either in Omaha Nebraska or Yankton South Dakota. Believe the FNBO AX is 15.9% NPSL no AF with a rewards structure of 1:1. As to the Platinum Visa don't believe there are any rewards but a better interest rate is available (this card could upgrade to something else - if they are still doing upgrades on their own initiative). 

Solid as the pre-quals are, Both of us did go just a bit overboard with new accounts last year so we're firmly planted in the garden for the time being.

The offers just aren't enticing enough.

Message 8 of 13
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

FNBO has always pulled Equifax for me.

It looks like their co-branded cards still have good rewards, but the regular FNBO cards seem to have 1% or 1 point rewards at best.

I have the Savingstar.com card, and of course if you can get the New York Life Visa Signature that has 1.5 points per dollar. Does anyone else know of any FNBO cards with better than 1 point/percent rewards?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 9 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

FNBO is good to get in with. ArmyVietVet, makes good points. The best is SP CLI every 4-6 months. They just bumped mine $5k after 6 months. They also give free EX Fico.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.