cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Qualification question

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Pre-Qualification question

I currently have 2 CO cards. The QS1 and the Qs(which was a product change from the platinum about a month ago) I also applied for the venture card and got approved for a 5k SL which I’m still currently waiting for that card to arrive sometime this week. I went back to CO website and hit the preapproval just to see and the reg QS is coming up as being pre qualified for it. My question is will Capitol one allow you to have more then 1 of the same product or being that my current QS was from a product change I can have 2 ? Any help/suggestions will be appreciate it.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Senior Contributor

Re: Pre-Quialification question

You can have 2 of the same card.

 

Each app with Cap One is a triple pull, though. 

Message 2 of 12
Regular Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualification question

Thank you for answering my question. I wasn’t sure and if I pulled the trigger wanted to be sure. The only reason I would consider it is because my current QS only has a 1300 limit and I’ve had it for about 2years and 4 months and Couple of months back i payed the balance in full but haven’t been able to get a cli .
Message 3 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualification question

Capital one has a 1/6 rule which means you can only apply and be approved for one card every 6 months. This is across all personal capital one cards. I’m not sure if that 1/6 rule applies to business cards

Those prequalified offers will disappear shortly until your new venture hits 6 months




Total Revolving Limits $194,600

FICO 8 scores 04/2019
EX-778
TU-714
EQ-716
Message 4 of 12
Regular Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualification question

Thank you did not know this info.
Message 5 of 12
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualification question

I’m glad to know that 1/6 rule.

FICO 8 Scores 07/17
FICO 8 Scores 07/19
Message 6 of 12
New Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualification question

I don't think the triple HP is worth it. There's so many cards that one would be better off applying for with those three pulls.

Current Collection:

Under Consideration:
Message 7 of 12
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualification question


@Shadowfactor wrote:
Capital one has a 1/6 rule which means you can only apply and be approved for one card every 6 months. This is across all personal capital one cards. I’m not sure if that 1/6 rule applies to business cards

Those prequalified offers will disappear shortly until your new venture hits 6 months

That rule may have been recently changed. My last cap1 card was over 6 months ago. I did get 2 co-branded cards in the 6 month period, both within a week of each other. Applying for a card gives me a message that I'm not approved due to recent accounts.








***AD SPACE AVAILABLE***
Message 8 of 12
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualification question


@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:
Capital one has a 1/6 rule which means you can only apply and be approved for one card every 6 months. This is across all personal capital one cards. I’m not sure if that 1/6 rule applies to business cards

Those prequalified offers will disappear shortly until your new venture hits 6 months

That rule may have been recently changed. My last cap1 card was over 6 months ago. I did get 2 co-branded cards in the 6 month period, both within a week of each other. Applying for a card gives me a message that I'm not approved due to recent accounts.


That denial is not referencing your capital one cards, it's the number of your recent cards from any lender. 

EX 754 EQ 773 TU 752
Message 9 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre-Quialification question


@kilroy8 wrote:

You can have 2 of the same card.

 

Each app with Cap One is a triple pull, though. 


Indeed. That's one reason why I don't expect to get another Cap One card anytime soon after my combo, another (and related) being that the only prequalification they'll offer me is for the plain-vanilla Platinum and at this point in my credit journey there's no percentage in blowing a triple HP on a plain-Jane card.

Ch 7 BK discharged 11/28/14, credit rebuild well advanced. FICO:TU 680 FICO 8 (3/2/19) or 687 FICO 9/EX 694 FICO 8/EQ 685 FICO 8 or 674 FICO 9 (NFCU 3/3/19), VS 3.0 10/17/18: TU 702/EX 699/EQ 698. $92.9k revolving credit as of 1/31/19; $1K NFCU cashRewards Visa, $2K BJ's Perks MC, $5.1k Discover It #1, $6.5k Discover It #2 (new 3/12/18), $3.5k Petal Visa, $6k Paypal 2% CB MC, $6k Amazon Prime Store Card, $6k Walmart Store Card, $7k Apple FCU Platinum Visa, $7k Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa, $11.8k Overstock Store Card, $15K Care Credit, $16K Cap One QS Rewards Visa Signature, $10k PenFed used car loan, $5k Navient student loan, $12.7k Lending Club loan. Gardening: 3 months, 19 days as of 1/31/19. 24 HP inqs total as of 10/12/18: 10 TU, 9 EQ, 5 EX (about half over 1 year old).
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.