Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Qualification question

tag
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

Pre-Qualification question

I currently have 2 CO cards. The QS1 and the Qs(which was a product change from the platinum about a month ago) I also applied for the venture card and got approved for a 5k SL which I’m still currently waiting for that card to arrive sometime this week. I went back to CO website and hit the preapproval just to see and the reg QS is coming up as being pre qualified for it. My question is will Capitol one allow you to have more then 1 of the same product or being that my current QS was from a product change I can have 2 ? Any help/suggestions will be appreciate it.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-Quialification question

You can have 2 of the same card.

Each app with Cap One is a triple pull, though. 

Message 2 of 12
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

Re: Pre-Qualification question

Thank you for answering my question. I wasn’t sure and if I pulled the trigger wanted to be sure. The only reason I would consider it is because my current QS only has a 1300 limit and I’ve had it for about 2years and 4 months and Couple of months back i payed the balance in full but haven’t been able to get a cli .
Message 3 of 12
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Capital one has a 1/6 rule which means you can only apply and be approved for one card every 6 months. This is across all personal capital one cards. I’m not sure if that 1/6 rule applies to business cards

Those prequalified offers will disappear shortly until your new venture hits 6 months

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 4 of 12
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

Thank you did not know this info.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m glad to know that 1/6 rule.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think the triple HP is worth it. There's so many cards that one would be better off applying for with those three pulls.

Message 7 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
Capital one has a 1/6 rule which means you can only apply and be approved for one card every 6 months. This is across all personal capital one cards. I’m not sure if that 1/6 rule applies to business cards

Those prequalified offers will disappear shortly until your new venture hits 6 months

That rule may have been recently changed. My last cap1 card was over 6 months ago. I did get 2 co-branded cards in the 6 month period, both within a week of each other. Applying for a card gives me a message that I'm not approved due to recent accounts.

Message 8 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:

That rule may have been recently changed. My last cap1 card was over 6 months ago. I did get 2 co-branded cards in the 6 month period, both within a week of each other. Applying for a card gives me a message that I'm not approved due to recent accounts.

That denial is not referencing your capital one cards, it's the number of your recent cards from any lender. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Quialification question

@kilroy8 wrote:

You can have 2 of the same card.

Each app with Cap One is a triple pull, though. 

Indeed. That's one reason why I don't expect to get another Cap One card anytime soon after my combo, another (and related) being that the only prequalification they'll offer me is for the plain-vanilla Platinum and at this point in my credit journey there's no percentage in blowing a triple HP on a plain-Jane card.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.