Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prequalified Citi Simplicity

tag
alexvale
Contributor

Prequalified Citi Simplicity

Received a prequalified offer for Citi Simplicity, again. Been holding out to lower some balances and bring up my score before applying.  

Mail in offer has 16.24% and online prequalified 18.24%.

Checked prequalified site for Citi and also prequalified for Diamond Preferred @17.84%

Both have 21mo no interest on balance transfer with 3%fee on each account transferred.    Primary need is to transfer Discover with Balance $3,498 (CL $7,200) and FTCU balance $4,054 (CL $6,000)

Also have prequalified for Double Cash and Thank You Preffered 18.24% and 15mo no interest on both.

The APR difference is negligible, 0.4%

EQ 724 (10/12) and EX 721 (10/14) from MyFICO and TU 696 (9/26) from Discover FICO score. Did a big payment to Discover so this should be a bit higher.

Only 1 credit check in the past 6mo for Citi Best Buy CLI from $800 approved for $6,200.  

Other Citi store cards that I have are Home Depot, Sears Plus closed but paid in full with no lates and Sears co-signer which I just paidoff.

Which of these is better and what are my chances to get at least $8k limit?

EQ FICO - 835
TU FICO - 815
EX FICO 820
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Prequalified Citi Simplicity

From my experience Citi hasn't always given me huge starting limits.

When I was approved for my Simplicity in June 2013 I had a 770 EX FICO with 1 HP. Instant approval for $6K.

Message 2 of 15
alexvale
Contributor

How good are they with call in CLI?

Worst case is that I could apply for both simplicity and diamond.
EQ FICO - 835
TU FICO - 815
EX FICO 820
Message 3 of 15
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

CLIs at  activation are possible but it will require another HP

SP CLIs are usually available after 6 months

Are you looking at any other lenders? Or just want Citi?

Message 4 of 15
alexvale
Contributor

If there's another lender with a card that has a good offer for balance transfer then I'd go for it. Looking for something like 15mo or over with 0% interest.
EQ FICO - 835
TU FICO - 815
EX FICO 820
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate is the gold standard for 0% intro APR from big banks, since it also comes with a 0% BT fee. Still not sure you'll get a big limit, and the length is 15 months instead of 21, but it meets your criteria. Or if you want some utility after the intro period, Freedom and Freedom Unlimited both come with 0% for 15 months, but you'll have to eat a 5% BT fee, which is on the high end for CCs.
Message 6 of 15
alexvale
Contributor

I already have Freedom with 2k CL and it's paid off. Got an offer the other day for 0APR for 12 mo and 3% BT fee from Chase for the Freedom but that's a short time frame and not enough CL. 

Can I shoot for Unlimited having the Freedom?  Has a better return on points... I can squeeze in 15mo to cancel if it were to come down to that.

I might be able to get both Slate and Ultimate..my score have gone up quite a bit and waiting for disputes on TU and EX to come through.  Currently sitting on EQ 727 EX 721 and TU 680 all FICO. With just on inquiry from EX CLI for Citi Best Buy $800 to 7.2K.

EQ FICO - 835
TU FICO - 815
EX FICO 820
Message 7 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

What's the fascination with Citi around here lately?  OP,  co-branded cards w/ Citi aren't an "in" for a prime card with them.  You're on track though with the specific APR's being listed on the pre-quals.

BT's are a dime a dozen depending on your credit level.  

BOA has one for 0% for 21 months on a pretty plain beige card they offer

Chase obviously has random 0% offers all of the time as well

Barclay's is another option

AMEX doesn't really get into the BT game

BT's aren't going to earn you points or cashback though alone.  If you're in the hole and can't get a CC with a 0% offer you might want to look into a personal loan or PLOC that you can consildate things with.

Check out the normal spots for BT cards though and make a run for them if you feel confident in getting approved after looking here and the credit pulls DB to confirm.

Message 8 of 15
alexvale
Contributor

I think it has to do with them giving 21mo with 0% and being advertised practically everywhere... I'm aware that BT won't get me points but not looking into that now.  Just want to get rid of the high balances in the shortest realistic time, meaning that I can make the monthly payments I've set.  Paying $400 to just one card now, Discover, to bring it down but this same amount is what I'd be paying if I do get a card with enough CL and transfer both Discover and the CU Master Card balances.

Checked BoA and their current longest time offer is 18mo no interest with 3% BT fee.  Did a prequal and they're offering Better Balance Rewards but it only has 12mo no interest... but I alway prequalify for the 18mo one.

I can wait until my credit goes up a bit more and go for Slate or Simplicity... 

EQ FICO - 835
TU FICO - 815
EX FICO 820
Message 9 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I got the 21 month offer by doing the pre-qual and not taking the offers online.  They send out the 21 month option by mail.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.