Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulls Experian

tag
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Pulls Experian

Hello:

I am about 16 months into a rebuild from BK. I have been aggressive in my rebuilding journey.  I have a few undesirable cards that I wound like to close after I get approved for better ones. My Experian FICO score seems to be doing well. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any cards that mostly check Experian.  As of today, I am at 684 FICO score 8. 

On a side note, I included Discover, Amex and Citi in my BK.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pulls Experian

@CostantinoA wrote:

Hello:

I am about 16 months into a rebuild from BK. I have been aggressive in my rebuilding journey.  I have a few undesirable cards that I wound like to close after I get approved for better ones. My Experian FICO score seems to be doing well. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any cards that mostly check Experian.  As of today, I am at 684 FICO score 8. 

@CostantinoA,

This may give you some guidance depending on what State you reside in...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

I highly recommend you take a break from any apps. You're only 16 months out of your BK7 and you've already incurred 28 EX HPs and over a dozen new accts. If you want higher SL and not a toy limit on your next app, I suggest you quarantine for 24 months minimum before any apps.

Just my unsolicited advice anyways but the ball is yours so you do what pleases you. 

Good Luck!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 10
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

I never said I wanted higher limits. I said I wanted to get rid of some cards. The main reason is annual fees.

Message 4 of 10
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@CostantinoA  Most of the big box banks (BoA, Chase, Wells, PNC, TD etc) pull EX, but based on my most recent experience (last weekend) they all seem to be inquiry sensitive right now and the only way to get past that sensitivity would be to have a prior relationship in tact. 

Did you find any on the table @M_Smart007 included above?  I know how you feel....you just want to get up and running by dropping some of the AF cards. Maybe try a local credit union? In my case, the CUs have been appreciative of scores in the mid to high 600s, less sensitive to multiple inquiries, and more forgiving concerning my paid collection accounts.  Best of luck to you! 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 10
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@CostantinoA wrote:

I never said I wanted higher limits. I said I wanted to get rid of some cards. The main reason is annual fees.

I would just close some of the annual fee cards if the fee is coming up and app for replacements down the road when some of the inq's have aged off and score has grown.  From your sig, it looks like you would still have enough cards for scoring purposes.

Message 6 of 10
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CostantinoA wrote:

Hello:

@CostantinoA,

This may give you some guidance depending on what State you reside in...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Good Luck!

Thank you

Message 7 of 10
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

I highly recommend you take a break from any apps. You're only 16 months out of your BK7 and you've already incurred 28 EX HPs and over a dozen new accts. If you want higher SL and not a toy limit on your next app, I suggest you quarantine for 24 months minimum before any apps.

Just my unsolicited advice anyways but the ball is yours so you do what pleases you. 

Good Luck!

All the HP and Accounts have been open for over a year.  I haven't applied for anything in almost 10 months.

Message 8 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@CostantinoA To answer your question, in my experience Bank of America and Wells Fargo has pulled Experian.  Your chances of approval with a recently DC'd BK is up in the air.  Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity (experian and sagestream), discover, bankmobile, ikeavisa, citi, BOA.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.