Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reapplying for charged off credit issuers

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Reapplying for charged off credit issuers

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

Does anyone know if Cap One and Citibank are forgiving in this matter?

Capital One is one of the more forgiving banks.

Citibank is one of the least forgiving banks.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 21 of 43
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

CapOne is very-VERY forgiving; Citi, don't even think about it.  Smiley Happy

Do you happen to know how long Citi's memory is or an estimation? They sold my debt to collection close to 7 years ago. If they have long memories, I wont worry about it but I'm just trying to test the waters.

Very very long. They'll bring up something you totally forgot about Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 22 of 43
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

Capital One is one of the more forgiving banks.

Citibank is one of the least forgiving banks.

Awesome info, I'm thinking when all my baddies fall off which should make my scores increase significantly, I'll get a better idea of what they will look like in March when the last baddie is EE'd off TU. With 0 hard inquiries in the past 2 years, my plan is:

Chase FF - long relationship with Chase with PIF for the past 7 years, then

AMEX - BCE - AMEX not burned, had a card with them in good standing that I closed for some reason years ago, then 

CapOne Venture X - Only burned for $1394 7 years ago. 

Hopefully thats a decent order to app in. My only worry is IF they are approved, will I scare Chase with new accounts and have them close my accounts? Not sure.

Current FICO 8: TU: 814 EX: 774 EQ: 806
Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000
American Express BCP: $12,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,500
Blue Business Plus $10,000
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
Capital One Venture X $16,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited $5,000

Tour Manager, FOH Engineer, Concert Promoter, HBIC
Message 23 of 43
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@drewricomakeubu, two or three new cards over a several month period won't even come close to scaring Chase. 

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 24 of 43
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

@Horseshoez Even if I apped within a couple days if not the same day?

Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000

Message 25 of 43
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@drewricomakeubu, two or three new cards over a several month period won't even come close to scaring Chase. 

I mean, *probably not,* but, we can't really say for sure. It's all profile-dependent.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 26 of 43
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

I mean, *probably not,* but, we can't really say for sure. It's all profile-dependent.

Right on

Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000

Message 27 of 43
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@IcyCool7227 wrote:

Chase is the one with $6800 something. Now that it's off the CR I can't even see how much it was charged off for exactly with cents. If I never pay it would I ever get back with Chase again after more time or not? Would Chase even accept the payment at this point if it's off the CR?

This would be an example for you and anyone else in a similar situation currently that you should always keep any correspondence received regarding any attempts to collect debt. Most people will use out of sight, out of mind to mentally reconcile financial misfortunes, however your future credit rebuilding self will thank your past self for having the foresight of meticulous record keeping. You never know which correspondence (if any) may be useful in the future. 

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 28 of 43
privacyadvocate69
Contributor

@IcyCool7227 wrote:

Chase has now fallen off my credit report a few months ago so if my score improves and apply again, because it's not on my report any longer, would I get another chance of approval? Or do they consider that forever permanent? 

Just because it isn't on your credit report, doesn't mean they have forgotten about it. 

Personally, If I issued credit cards and I got stiffed by someone, I'd never give that person another one of my cards, EVER. 

However, most card companies are less stern and happy to chase the the dollar.  See if Chase is one of those companies and apply.

Message 29 of 43
IcyCool7227
Regular Contributor

Kinda old thread of mine but yesterday when I was on the phone with US Bank cardmember servuces a rep named Tiffany told me that I could still make payments so Remedios you are incorrect. But what was also odd was that the account had gone to collections 4 times - ARS, then Mercantile, then Sunrise Credit Services, and back to ARS, yet the collection never showed up on any credit report of any kind with any service. Makes me wonder if Chase had sold to some secret collection service I don't know about. I might pay but it'd have to be over time. All 3 COs are now off my report so not sure if uts worth it or not.

As of: 3/28/24:

EQ: 785 (prev. 778 on 2/6/24; 773 on 1/26/24 & 750 on 1/7/24 & 626 on 6/7/24 & 652 in April 2023) - FICO 8
EX: 763 (prev. 755 on 2/6/24; 753 on 1/26/24 & 732 on 1/7/24 & 643 on 6/7/24 & 619 in April 2023) - FICO 8
TU: 759 (prev. 748 on 2/6/24; 744 on 1/26/24 & 689 on 1/7/24 & 6/7/24 & 654 in April 2023) - CreditKarma

Have:
- Amazon Prime Store Card: $5,000
- Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards: $1,200
- Chase Freedom Flex: $500
- Discover it Cashback: $2,000
- Kohl’s Charge: $3,000
- Super Cash: Limit varies based on debit balance - doesn't show up in accounts anymore though on CRs.
- Zolve: Shows up but have not set up yet as no money has been put on the account.
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.